Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2020 8:42:17 AM EDT
ive had a Norinco  SKS M rifle for what seems for ever , started out with the thumbhole stock , i then replaced it with a what i believe they call a Monte Carlo

every so often i go through the safes and one by one break the rifles down ,clean and reoil , i get to this rifle and started to get the juices flowing , its kinda blan and was wanting to get a little jiggy with it without any permanent or lasting mods ,and the first thing was the stock

for those that may not be familiar , Norinco from the factory modified some SKS rifles to accept AK Mags , there was the SKS D and the SKS M , the D retains the Bayo , the M they removed and neutered the bayo lug to a nub , doesnt bother me and actually plays in to the project

anyone know who makes a stock for a AK mag converted SKS ?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I put a Choate Dragonuv style polymer stock on mine. It was not designed for the AK mag configuration but it worked. There was an open slot in the front of the mag well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put a Choate Dragonuv style polymer stock on mine. It was not designed for the AK mag configuration but it worked. There was an open slot in the front of the mag well.
View Quote

ok , thats what ive been working out tonight , i pulled a tape , and the trigger and mag mech on a standard chinese sks is about 11 3/8 and the M rifle is 9 1/2 long , where the ak magwell stops the stock is 1 3/4 thick, measure same distance on a standard sks its 1 3/4 and then starts to taper ,so i figured there was going to be a gap but the thickness where i needed it was there

thanks for the reply , at least now im more confident buying the stock now
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top