Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/27/2018 5:08:51 PM EDT
Just picked up an SB Tactical SOB-47 brace.  It twists pretty easy, much easier than the default SB Tactical old style brace.  Any kind of non-permanent solutions to keep it from rotating?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Electrical tape around tube fixed all my loose braces.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a good idea.

Frontrunner so far.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an older SB-47 brace which is shorter than my SOB and started to rotate, and I wanted to bring it back a few inches so I used some 3M 77 spray adhesive, it's slippery when first sprayed so it's easy to position the brace then when it dries it's rock solid. But it'll never move again. Another option that's reversible is to pin the tube, either a small screw or a nail.

I also have an SOB on an AK pistol and another SOB on an AR pistol. So far they have not rotated yet. But they probably will. SB really needs to just pin these from the factory, the friction fit isn't a good long term setup.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had an older SB-47 brace which is shorter than my SOB and started to rotate, and I wanted to bring it back a few inches so I used some 3M 77 spray adhesive, it's slippery when first sprayed so it's easy to position the brace then when it dries it's rock solid. But it'll never move again. Another option that's reversible is to pin the tube, either a small screw or a nail.

I also have an SOB on an AK pistol and another SOB on an AR pistol. So far they have not rotated yet. But they probably will. SB really needs to just pin these from the factory, the friction fit isn't a good long term setup.
View Quote
Agreed, they really should pin them.  The original brace doesn't rotate at all, but it's heavy and fugly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hairspray.

Double sided tape from wal mart
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top