Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/17/2021 12:58:53 PM EDT
My builder misplaced my replacement FSB with the 22mm muzzle brake, along with the original. Now I need to find something that’ll work. I thought a Romanian G FSB might work but it will not.

I’ve given up ever finding another AIMS-74 FSB & brake, nor do I want to pay the current prices! But, I would happy at this point just to have a standard FSB and thread the barrel to 1/2 x 28.

I’m not up to date of the current AK vendors and my searches have come up empty, please help!
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not use a normal 24mm FSB? I gave up trying to find a 22mm and the 22mm brake, so I went with a 24mm and 24mm brake.

Carolina Shooters Supply has the combo deal for $105. GB has a few of them, but then you have to get the brake separately.

Option B is to stick the standard FSB, and install the bayonet lug separately, then use a thread adapter. Both from Dinzag.

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Sent you Email
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I know it's not GD, but it sounds to me like your builder is on the hook for the proper 22mm FSB and muzzle brake ..... at whatever the current price may be....
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My builder misplaced my replacement FSB with the 22mm muzzle brake, along with the original. Now I need to find something that’ll work. I thought a Romanian G FSB might work but it will not.

I’ve given up ever finding another AIMS-74 FSB & brake, nor do I want to pay the current prices! But, I would happy at this point just to have a standard FSB and thread the barrel to 1/2 x 28.

I’m not up to date of the current AK vendors and my searches have come up empty, please help!
View Quote

Why are YOU paying current prices? That's HIS job.

Any human worth his weight in salt is going to come clean and pay for HIS mistake.

Kindly insist.

You could always install a thread adapter.  You can even make one out of a large bolt if you know someone with a lathe.

You'll want to thread the barrel 14x1LH
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replies & suggestions. A big thank you goes out to @Blitzkreig!

My builder isn’t building anymore, and he hooked me up. And he’s not entirely sure that it won’t surface at some point, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed and in the meantime I’ll have an original SAR-2 FSB to get this one operational once again.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top