Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/10/2021 11:14:39 PM EDT
Just bought an SAR 1 looked under the hood and the Bolt and BC looked like no abnormal wear. Got home and it closes on a no go gauge w minimal pressure.  I happen to have several other AK’s and out of curiosity I put a bolt from a SLR 95 and a Polytech AKS and it does not close on the no go. Can I just replace the bolt or should I get a field gauge and test with the original bolt ? Thank Jimmy
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd try adding a few layers of tape to the bottom of the gauge you have and see what happens, kind of an improvised field gauge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your reply!!  I did using one layer of masking tape  to no go gauge it did not close on it .  Got my field gauge in the mail and it did not close on it with heavy pressure.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top