Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2021 9:51:14 PM EDT
Forgive my ignorance. Although I'm familiar with the process of zeroing the standard AK leaf type rear sight, I can't say the same for the newer flip-up rear sight of the SAM7k-44. Please enlighten me... Large or rear aperture for zeroing? Distance?  Anything else worth knowing?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Just turn the flathead screw to adjust, and you can also drift the front post like usual.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#2]
My rear sight wasn't centered or close to centered, so I adjusted mine as close as possible with a screwdriver and then used a punch to push in the dimple again. If you don't, it'll be loose. Then just use the front sight to adjust like any AK. If you use the cheap Tapco tool, you'll need to remove material from it so you don't ding the shit out of your front sight. Or buy the gunsmithing version of the Magnamatic front sight tool.

I don't recommend using the rear sight to adjust for windage,  because you'll need to dimple a new spot to keep the sight locked in place. And any time you need to rezero, you'll have to dimple a new spot again. Pass.

Using the notch (not the ghost ring), zero at 100 meters, per the manual. They are (or are supposed to be) laser boresighted. I can't remember the distance at the moment, but the ghost ring aperture is for extended ranges once you're zeroed at 100 meters.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My rear sight wasn't centered or close to centered, so I adjusted mine as close as possible with a screwdriver and then used a punch to push in the dimple again. If you don't, it'll be loose. Then just use the front sight to adjust like any AK. If you use the cheap Tapco tool, you'll need to remove material from it so you don't ding the shit out of your front sight. Or buy the gunsmithing version of the Magnamatic front sight tool.

I don't recommend using the rear sight to adjust for windage,  because you'll need to dimple a new spot to keep the sight locked in place. And any time you need to rezero, you'll have to dimple a new spot again. Pass.

Using the notch (not the ghost ring), zero at 100 meters, per the manual. They are (or are supposed to be) laser boresighted. I can't remember the distance at the moment, but the ghost ring aperture is for extended ranges once you're zeroed at 100 meters.
View Quote
Thanks for the tips. The last part was what I really needed as I didn't have a copy of the manual.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the tips. The last part was what I really needed as I didn't have a copy of the manual.
View Quote

No problem. Enjoy your SAM7K. It's a fun little beast.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top