Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2021 2:06:01 AM EDT
I'm not impressed with the 84E enhanced trigger. Is the ALG any better?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:54:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AaronR] [#1]
most will answer it is better

hardness has tendency to cause peening and mushrooming of bolt carrier tails
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes ALG makes a better trigger if you want something more crisp / match like.  Not a full match trigger, but worlds away from what comes stock in most AKs, especially the stuff imported / released in the US in the last few years.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't speak to the ALG personally, but I don't know why they changed the trigger at all.  People seem to love the ALGs and I'd wager to guess they're better than the Enhanced FCG.

I've had a couple SAM7s with the standard Arsenal trigger and it was an amazing trigger.  My SAM7 triggers broke at just over 4lb, and I had an SLR-101S (same gun as SAM7 before Arsenal changed the name) that had a 3.5lb factory trigger.

I got to handle the SF-84E and the trigger was considerably worse than the factory Arsenal trigger.  Again... I am not sure why they decided to change it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
That FIME trigger is trash, the original milled bulgy was fantastic.  It’s a shame they don’t ship with those anymore.  Swap it out for a surplus Bulgy or ALG.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKR:
Yes ALG makes a better trigger if you want something more crisp / match like.  Not a full match trigger, but worlds away from what comes stock in most AKs, especially the stuff imported / released in the US in the last few years.
View Quote

My Zastava M70 trigger is the best trigger of all my AKs. I have a SAM just like OP's and the trigger is a big MEH. I bought a surplus trigger/hammer set (NOS) from a dude on the AK Files and just need to install it. I figure it will make it more authentic and look much, MUCH better. Plus, it can't be any worse than the "enhanced" one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking into doing a trigger change looking at this trigger https://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/ak-rpk-fire-control-group-trigger-hammer-disconnector-milled-receivers supposed to be a factory bulgarian trigger set
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top