Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/14/2021 1:50:37 PM EDT
Does anyone know where a guy can find a 22mm muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Trolling the used world in the EE here, the AK Forum, or the AK Files is your best bet to find a Romanian one.  Last year and year before the industry was awash in AIMS-74 kits but that’s all dried up now but they are out there in someone’s garage.

Another option might be to contact Chris Butler at AK-USA. He made a top notch US-version back before there was much surplus available. Dollars to donuts, I prefer his 22mm brake to the authentic ones I have. Scroll down on his main page and his contact info is there at the bottom.

CNC Warrior also had various 22mm muzzle devices but everything aside from the adapters are out of stock. Set up a notification and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Years ago, I think I got the last Romanian 22mm FSB from KVar. I had Butler swap out the bases and add his brake. Good quality.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Swoop 737 Check your email.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
Years ago, I think I got the last Romanian 22mm FSB from KVar. I had Butler swap out the bases and add his brake. Good quality.
View Quote

Butler’s was better than the original. Fit tighter on the threads. I may have an original in my stuff I will look for it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess he was not interested in my offer so I sold it off.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:09:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ejc204] [#6]
Can the the Romanian threads be turned down to 14x1?  I'm asking because I have a pinned and welded muzzle device on a Wasr 2. I want to un-neuter the rifle. There were threads under the original barrel but, but because I was in a communist state at the time, I had a 22mm 74 Brake pinned and welded.  Would it be best to leave or can it be un-neutered?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I do have 22mm brake laying around that I can let go. I think this one came from CNC warrior. The only thing is that the dimension wise it's not Romanian.
It's threaded for 22mm but the brake looks like AK74 brake. Shoot me an IM if interested.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top