Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/8/2020 12:47:28 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Thank you for all the great content on these boards!

I have a Robinson (RobArms) Vepr II .223. Any Robinson Vepr owners here?

I'm thinking about adding a flash hider (e.g., Tabuk) and SVD style furniture (perhaps Rhineland). The barrel would need to be threaded and it's my understanding that the standard wood furniture does not fit the Robinson guns as the slant angle is different. Has anyone done an SVD-style clone starting with a Robinson VEPR?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, Sent it to Krebs and had it turned into a KTR03V.  Nice rifle, heavy though.  I also had one in 5.45x39 but I foolishly sold it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
BFish,

I've heard good things about that Krebs. It appears they are no longer providing gunsmithing services.

These VEPR's are plenty heavy. I'd like to know how much heavier the RobArms polymer furniture is than wood.

Have you seen anyone successfully convert from the polymer to wood?

I'm imagining something like this (not my picture)...

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/vepr-rifle-762x54r-red-svd-style
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Kreb’s is a tough one.  They make awesome shit.  If it is stock, buy it.  They are local to me.  I have a 2004 KTS rifle I love.  It is a converted Saiga.  I TRIED once to have them do some 1911 work for me, and finally after 6 months of inactivity, I picked it back up.  They are just not set up for anything other than trying to be a production shop.  I wouldn’t even bother calling Bryan Conrad over there to ask him if they might be interested in doing gunsmith work.  Find someone else.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top