Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/12/2020 3:27:16 PM EDT
Looking to remove the stock flash hider on a 7.62x39 Galil Ace.

See that it uses a jam nut.  Have tried turning flash hider counter clockwise since I understand it's RH threaded and the jam nut clockwise with no luck.

Any tips from those that have done it?
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It takes a bit if force. You can put a little heat in it first just in case it has any loctite on it (mine didnt but you mever know). Also helps to have the gun clamped in a vise.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Sven is spot on.  I had to get mine in a vice to do it and it took a good amount of force.  Mine didn't have any sort of threadlocker on it, either.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks fellas.

Wasn't too keen on getting the rifle in a vise as I was worried about crushing the sliding ejection port cover.  I'll need to look for a different place to clamp it.  

This rifle uses RH thread, correct?  Should be trying to turn the lock-nut clock-wise and the flash hider counter clock-wise, correct?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine is RH threaded. You can use an old magazine in a vice as a tool to hold the receiver.

AJ
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#5]
All of mine have been easy to remove. Get a cheap channeled plastic vice block, clamp it near the FH, back off the nut as you back off the the FH. One of the easiest factory MD to remove besides an HK91
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks fellas.

Wasn't too keen on getting the rifle in a vise as I was worried about crushing the sliding ejection port cover.  I'll need to look for a different place to clamp it.  

This rifle uses RH thread, correct?  Should be trying to turn the lock-nut clock-wise and the flash hider counter clock-wise, correct?
View Quote

I clamped my barrel in the vise to do it.  I have some rubber moldings that fit perfectly over the jaws, though, so I don't have to worry about any marring on the barrel.

ETA: You are correct on the threading and turning directions of the lock nut and flash hider.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top