Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/4/2021 8:23:57 AM EDT
I was big into AKs about 15 years ago and was very active on the boards.  There was another great site, that I can't remember, but think it is gone now.  Anyway, I am back.  I decided to get another AK.  However, I am not going to make everything "Russian".  I have always love the Maadi and was able to get one for a reasonable price  for this day and age, and am looking forward to more discussions.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
blah, blah, blah..."I decided to get another AK"...blah, blah, blah "and was able to get one for a reasonable price  for this day and age, and am looking forward to more discussions".
View Quote
  Pics or it doesn't exist.

Welcome back to the dark side, Mikhail's ghost is pleased.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember you from The AK Forum I believe. I recently came back to the world of AK’s myself.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no escape from the Dark Side. Embrace it my Friend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Here’s a Maadi blast from the past, courtesy of the now-departed AK forum.

“Tent 54”
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back.  

I'm in the same boat.  I was getting a ton of different AK kits built by Overland Industries back in 2005-2007, and than kind of got out of AK's (although I always have some in the safe).

With the current state of politics, I've recently been picking-up a few more variations of AK's.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The AK Forum was a good site.  What happened to it?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome! Love the maadi myself.

It was my first AK.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's still around.  I haven't been over there much in the last few years.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I was big into AKs 15 years ago, too; I just never owned one until now.

Boy, do I wish I had bought then. I wish I had kept the SKSs, too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tent 54 was from the old AK47.net, a madhouse that flew too close to the sun.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe it was sold. It’s a shadow of it’s former self now. I learned a lot about Kalshnikovs from the members there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I remember you from back in the day.

Maybe I should hang in the AK forum a little. Digging through my safe I dragged out the single AK I picked up years ago, and which I know very little about. It's a NODAK Spud. I should probably learn more about it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Many of the AK forum people are here now. This is a nice place to be!
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in the same boat, too. I've had a lot of AKs over the years, but I wandered a bit and have finally come back to AKs. Settled on my 2 Arsenals and an Arsenal Las Vegas converted Saiga (SGL31) and I'm pretty content now. They've served me well and there is just something about AKs that always brings me back to the dark side.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]
You can try all you want, but eventually the dark side will call you back.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is, I just wish it had some of the hyper detailed stuff that stottman and Ekie and Tantal used to post.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is, I just wish it had some of the hyper detailed stuff that stottman and Ekie and Tantal used to post.
View Quote

Stottman had a huge post many years ago with tons of pics of different AKs. Fortunately, it's still available here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ak-47/Some_AK_pics__added_a_couple_new_ones_28_Jan_2006/93-64490/?page=1

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:51:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Little Vasili and Olga the Proofstamper
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome back.  My first centerfire rifle was an AK.  And I am probably guilty of making every russian (sorry that started 25 years ago).  Put russian furniture on a clayco double spiker and never looked back!  
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Someone took over Avtomats In Action as well, just to keep it live for the community. The site is still up

http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/variants0.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Someone took over Avtomats In Action as well, just to keep it live for the community. The site is still up

http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/variants0.html
View Quote

Yeah that's been one of my main resources for years.  Great site.  I had heard years ago that Doug Ford had gotten sick or something and that was why he had stopped updating it.

There was a similar sort of variants article on the akforum for Krinkovs but I don't think it ever got finished.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top