BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2020 2:03:20 PM EDT

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
In to see what you find out.

I've got a black, circle 25, I think it's a cavity 1.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If the locking lug is brass it's a Pakistani copy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
These are definitely not Pakistani, AK47's litter that joint, but AK74's are rare in AFG/PAK

Other AOR
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

War booty captured AK74 magazines:

Black, no maker mark, mold #1     (It is different than the Circle 10 mold 1, )

Black, no maker mark, mold #2

Black Bulgarian, Circle 10, Mold 3 & Mold 4

Black, Circle 25, mold 1

Brown, Circle 25 mold 1
View Quote

The Circle 10 and Circle 25's aren't rare. The Bulgy's made three shades of brown (firebrick, saddle tan, and brown). FWIW, most of the black Circle 25's that came into the US had brown followers for some reason.

The two with no makers mark could be any form of localized production or sanitized. If they were acquired stateside, I would guess black painted sanitized plums.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Black, no maker mark, mold #1     (It is different than the Circle 10 mold 1, )

Black, no maker mark, mold #2
View Quote

These two are probably Polish Tantal polymer mags.  I've only ever seen mold 1 & 2.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not inclined to think tantal magazines...  these were picked up where russian and bulgarian armaments litter the land
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Circle (10)s are extremely common.  Circle (25) and Circle (21) are a less common bulgarian military factory which have come into the US as mil surplus.  Kinda like with AR mags there have been a bunch of mil spec manufacturers over the years.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top