Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2018 10:08:27 PM EDT
After running two mags through my WASR I quickly remembered why I ditched ultimak rails years ago, it gets too damn hot. It might not kill the optic but it can’t be good for it.

I know RS regulate has a great reputation but how does the MI gen 2 compare? The MI is slightly cheaper and I actually like that I don’t have two piece something together.

Has anyone tried the gen 2 yet?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a MI Aimpoint mount for my comp M. I don’t think it’s a gen 2 but I do love the mount. You mention not wanting a two piece mount. It looks to me like the T1 mount is a base with a top piece screwed to the base. The MRO mount I was looking at definitely has a standard base with a top screwed to the base. David
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:41:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the RS mount. I have been a die hard ADM guy. But I must say. ADM would be in trouble if RS ever started making AR mounts!
My ultimak is just for flashlight mounting. I never noticed it getting hot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a MI Gen 2  T1 mount for the AK.  Also hava a RS Regulate AK mount but with the top portion for an ACOG.

The MI Gen 2 mount for the T1 is an excellent mount.   Only problem initially was the screws attaching the top portion to the base came loose after one range session.  Putting blue Locktite on the screws solved the problem.

The MI Gen 2 mount sits low enough that I can use the iron sights through the bottom of the red dot lens.  Although the mount sits up enough that I can remove the top cover, recoil spring assembly, and bolt carrier without having to remove the mount off the siderail.

Another thing to mention is the MI mount can be installed directly on the siderail.  It does not have to be slid on from the back of the siderail.  Having to install a mount from the back end of the siderail can be a problem with something like the Vepr 1V-e, because the left side stock hinge blocks installing a mount on from the rear of the siderail.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Which one of these two sticks out the least from the receiver? I want to keep the profile as small as possible. And keep it from interfering with my side folding Sig stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which one of these two sticks out the least from the receiver? I want to keep the profile as small as possible. And keep it from interfering with my side folding Sig stock.
View Quote
I guess no one has both?
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry I don’t even have an AK anymore.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess no one has both?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess no one has both?
I have both mounts. The RS Regulate sticks out the least out of the 2 mounts. I like the RS Regulate mount better. It's less bulky, weighs less, and you can adjust it left or right to center the optic over the receiver.

MI Gen 2 TI Mount:
Attachment Attached File

RS Regulate mount:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have both mounts. The RS Regulate sticks out the least out of the 2 mounts. I like the RS Regulate mount better. It's less bulky, weighs less, and you can adjust it left or right to center the optic over the receiver.

MI Gen 2 TI Mount:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234942/IMG_4926_jpg-1059092.JPG

RS Regulate mount:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/234942/IMG_4927_jpg-1059093.JPG
View Quote
Thanks! That’s exactly what I needed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
$100 rail from MI seems steep, but I like MI from past purchases.  $200 for a RS seems goddam ridiculous.

I'll stick to optics on my ARs and irons on my AKs.  When I get into AKs again.  
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top