Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 12:52:06 PM EDT
I am new to AK side mounts and recently picked up two RS regulate setups for the same rifle, which is a Rifle Dynamics stamped sidefolder in 7.62mm. One mount has the micro T2 upper and the other has the rear biased Akog upper. I spent the time adjusting the lower mounts to fit the side rail and they're as tight as I can get them without need to use a hammer to beat them off. I installed the screws to fit the upper and the lower. Both mounts noticeably have lateral movement if I grab the optic and move side to side.

The only reason I even tried this is because neither optic combo will hold zero. Could it be a problem with my side rail?

The ACOGH/Akog combo I need to retry before passing judgement because RS sent me the wrong screws and I had to use some from a hardware store that weren't a good fit. Also there are three screws in the bottom of the 3x ACOG I'm using and the holes on the Akog munt do not line up correctly so that I can't use the rear most mounting hole. The ACOG does not seem very secure with only being mounted at two points. I e-mailed RS Regulate about this issue and was told that the Akog mount is designed to fit both the Browe and ACOG and so the screw holes are not all aligned for one of these type of optics. But if I move the ACOG any further forward I can't use it bc of eye relief issues.

I really, really want these to work, especially the ACOG/Akog combo, but it seems like a tall order.

Any input will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am new to AK side mounts and recently picked up two RS regulate setups for the same rifle, which is a Rifle Dynamics stamped sidefolder in 7.62mm. One mount has the micro T2 upper and the other has the rear biased Akog upper. I spent the time adjusting the lower mounts to fit the side rail and they're as tight as I can get them without need to use a hammer to beat them off. I installed the screws to fit the upper and the lower. Both mounts noticeably have lateral movement if I grab the optic and move side to side.

The only reason I even tried this is because neither optic combo will hold zero. Could it be a problem with my side rail?

The ACOGH/Akog combo I need to retry before passing judgement because RS sent me the wrong screws and I had to use some from a hardware store that weren't a good fit. Also there are three screws in the bottom of the 3x ACOG I'm using and the holes on the Akog munt do not line up correctly so that I can't use the rear most mounting hole. The ACOG does not seem very secure with only being mounted at two points. I e-mailed RS Regulate about this issue and was told that the Akog mount is designed to fit both the Browe and ACOG and so the screw holes are not all aligned for one of these type of optics. But if I move the ACOG any further forward I can't use it bc of eye relief issues.

I really, really want these to work, especially the ACOG/Akog combo, but it seems like a tall order.

Any input will be appreciated.
View Quote

2 screws should be plenty imo. People mount those things to carry handles with 1 screw iirc.

Anyways as far as lateral play. Are we talking flex or actually play like either the dovetail/mount arent mating up?

What is the model number of the side mount?
Also I get Eye relief being a possible pita.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top