Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2018 4:46:01 PM EDT
I picked up a 303 base from Kalinka Optics after seriously considering an Arsenal SM-13 and I’m so glad I spent a little more for the RS. Extremely light, extremely solid with zero movement. I haven’t decided what to put on it yet but I’m leaning towards the M1913 rail for flexibility. I couldn’t be happier.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed..you simply cant do any better than them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed. I bought one of the packages from AKOU and I’m very satisfied with it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed... Recently bought the forward biased Aimpont micro set up and I’m impressed.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a RS regulate setup with a Primary Arms 3x scope on my npap. That mount never lost zero taking it off and on repeatedly. Amazing setup.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
When I got my very 1st AK, I decided to follow Rob Skis advice and bought his 3x package.
At 1st I thought I had wasted my money as I initially thought the optic was crap. But I immediately knew the mount is as good as can be had for the AK.
Upon training with the 3x optic, I very soon realized that Robs advise was right on the money as the PA3x optic is well engineered and delivers everything it says it will. The only thing i haven't tested is the mover leads. But i have no doubt it will follow suit and be bad ass!
My son regularly swipes my optic for his rifle and between the two rifles the optic never needs adjusting. But to be fair, that really says a lot about the mfg of our rifles as well as the mount.
I am a died in the wool ADM mount guy. But I must say, if RS ever gets into the AR game its gonna hurt the current players!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I love RS Regulate mounts. After trying these, I sold my Ultimaks.

I love the versatility. You can mix and match the top and bottom sections to meet your needs.  Repeatability is excellent.  These four pics illustrate how I swap back and forth between a red dot and magnified optic and even though I do it often, they have never lost zero. The red dots cowitness with the irons too.

Saiga 223 with Aimpoint CompM2

Saiga 223 with 1-4x Mueller speedshot

Saiga 7.62x39 with Primary Arms 4x ACSS (Acog mount)

Saiga 7.62x39 with Aimpoint CompM2
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a died in the wool ADM mount guy. But I must say, if RS ever gets into the AR game its gonna hurt the current players!
View Quote
I always felt RS was ADM for the AK.  :)
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Well said sir! Either way, I just cant see any other way to mount up an optic.
I have an Ultimak railed gas tube. Even though, it is usually used for red dot sights, mine is just there to interface the ADM qr piccatiny flashlight mount to the rifle. So I dont plan to sell it but......  RS is THE BMF of optic interfaces for the AK weapon system!
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Way too much money imo. The MI Mount is awesome and built like a tank. That thing isn’t moving or bending.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Way too much money imo. The MI Mount is awesome and built like a tank. That thing isn’t moving or bending.
View Quote
I understand where you’re coming from, but I’m the guy who hates sidemounts and I love the RS mount. I’ve seen more than a few different types of sound mounts and most are either subpar or bulky and ugly. The RS mount is the only one I’ve found that I like. Not overly bulky, not ugly, highly adjustable, and bulky like a tank
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've got three MI mounts, a gen 2 Yugo, and two gen 1 standard AK mounts, and they're all  rock solid and have each returned to perfect zero every single time after having been removed and reinstalled dozens of times for cleaning.

The MI side rail optics mounts have proven to be one of the best firearms accessories I've ever owned in over 50 years of avid shooting.

I'm sure the RS Regulate mounts are fine mounts too.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Way too much money imo. The MI Mount is awesome and built like a tank. That thing isn't moving or bending.
View Quote
With careful shopping, they aren't any more than a good quality AR15 QD mount like American Defense or Larue.

The MI is good too.  Either are much better than the Russian/Ukrainian/Belarussian mounts.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I understand where you’re coming from, but I’m the guy who hates sidemounts and I love the RS mount. I’ve seen more than a few different types of sound mounts and most are either subpar or bulky and ugly. The RS mount is the only one I’ve found that I like. Not overly bulky, not ugly, highly adjustable, and bulky like a tank
View Quote
Oh don’t get me wrong I like them. When I was in the market I couldn’t justify the extra money due to my budget.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top