Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2022 9:18:45 AM EDT
I currently have screws for my bracket but would like to do rivets before I reblue. Anybody have an idea on where to find some?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I too need a few sets. Sub'd
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Measure the hole diameter and multiply it by 1.5. That will give you the rivet diameter and length. Then order appropriate size from McMaster:

https://www.mcmaster.com/rivets/rivet-type~solid/
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll have to do that. Anybody have a good pic of an original? Would like to replicate it as close as possible.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I should clarify that the 1.5x is for the length of the rivet tail past the end of the part you're riveting. So overall length is dependent on the thickness of the part you're riveting. Sorry I was working with 2 hours of sleep when I wrote my first comment.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top