Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/2/2022 10:40:52 PM EDT
'
I have some questions about the Russian AK-103.  I'm looking for what a Russian made and Russian issued AK-103 would look like.

What's the proper thread pitch on the AK-103s?  Is the barrel threaded or is the front sight block threaded?

Are they coming out of the factory with the Zig-Zag break or something newer?  Another question:  Is the Zig-Zag brake noticeably different than a AK-74 style brake?

All the pics seem to show a 90 degree gas block.  Are they coming out of the factory with a 90 degree block.

Thanks for any help.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
'
I have some questions about the Russian AK-103.  I'm looking for what a Russian made and Russian issued AK-103 would look like.

What's the proper thread pitch on the AK-103s?  Is the barrel threaded or is the front sight block threaded?

Are they coming out of the factory with the Zig-Zag break or something newer?  Another question:  Is the Zig-Zag brake noticeably different than a AK-74 style brake?

All the pics seem to show a 90 degree gas block.  Are they coming out of the factory with a 90 degree block.

Thanks for any help.

View Quote

The kusa kr103 is pretty much a direct clone of a genuine issue Russian ak103. Only difference is the trigger and finish, and the newest folders are Ben using cold hammer forged barrels
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the proper thread pitch on the AK-103s?  = 24.5 x 1.5 mm rh twist

Is the barrel threaded or is the front sight block threaded? = Front sight block threaded

Are they coming out of the factory with the Zig-Zag break or something newer?  = Half moon brake. Zig-zag was AK-74

Another question:  Is the Zig-Zag brake noticeably different than a AK-74 style brake? = difference was Zig zag vs half moon. There was a difference in collar lengths threw the years.

All the pics seem to show a 90 degree gas block.  Are they coming out of the factory with a 90 degree block. = yes. 90 degree gas block came around due to AK-74M / AK-100 series of rifles

I’ll post some pictures later tonight
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.

I have a 7.62X39 Saiga partially converted.  I'd like the finish off the front end to look as close to an AK-103 as possible.

The front sight blocks are getting hard to find.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top