Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/3/2022 3:34:01 AM EDT
I noticed the AK/SKS stripper clips below. Once rounds are on the clips, does a person push all 10 of the rounds into the magazine in one push, or does a person have to push 5 into the magazine, turn the clip 180 degrees or the other way around if you will, then push the other 5 rounds into the magazine?

https://www.shopbfam.com/product/ncstar-ak-sks-stripper-clips-20-pack
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 3:45:06 AM EDT
[#1]
One push ,all ten rounds .
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 3:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smashedminer:
One push ,all ten rounds .
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:14:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Devildog] [#3]
Those are SKS stripper clips. One push, all ten rounds.

To load an AK mag with them you need a clip guide. Other than the crappy Chinese ones that were around 20+ years ago, I'm not sure such a thing exists, much less a quality and reliable one.

I've heard of some guys being able to rest the clip on the back of the feed lips of an AK magazine and strip the rounds off, into the mag. I was never that coordinated. I keep a few of the Chinese clip guides on hand, but even after tinkering with them, they are still a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
@1Devildog :

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Never had an issue with strippers and the guides for 7.62 AKs. Use them all the time. Not even sure where I got my guide from. I think it's Chinese, big ol star embossed in the side.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 4:02:49 AM EDT
[#7]
The cheap ones are hit and miss, surplus ammo that comes on stripper clips are what you want.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MCREBELL:
The cheap ones are hit and miss, surplus ammo that comes on stripper clips are what you want.
View Quote

IIRC, Yugo ammo comes on stripper clips.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

View Quote

Some Yugo came in on clips. A lot of Chinese surplus did as well. Some Czech and Russian clips trickled in with surplus ammo and SKSs.

Yugo clips are reportedly thicker and more sturdy. As a result, they are not as universal as the standard ones.

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

View Quote

The ones I have from chineese ammo I got with my sks from 20 years ago work perfectly, the n star ones that are blued tend to have issues.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top