Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/28/2021 12:41:28 AM EDT
I’m not an AK guy and I just picked this up for what I believe is a hell of a deal. Curious what these are going for. I know they no longer import them. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Pre-Covid buying panic...1k

Today.....1.5-2k

Would be a nice AK-103 conversion if you source a Bulgarian side folder trunnions, gas block, front sight post.  Needs trigger hole weld ups and a few other minor tweaks.

18Z50
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I traded a guy my stock Remington 700 that I paid $650 for with 150 rds of .308 for it. He obviously didn’t know what he had. I was guessing somewhere around $1200
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't use GB anymore but I'd look up some similar items.

I'd say you could get 1500 for it. Even Romanian WASR AK's are going for a grand. That conversion looks tasteful
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
the market today is crazy, so that rifle has some worth.

Not trying to poo poo on it, but it is a half way done conversion. Here's why:

-holes not welded up
-trigger guard just placed, not replaced.
-lower HG retainer is a bolt on.

I think if you had those 3 things done, maybe even replace the FSB amd GB with the correct 100 series (if that's even your thing) you could really up the value.

ETA:

Why is PG screw sticking out the bottom lie that?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice conversion.  My guess is between 1200-1500, but throw a couple mags and some ammo with it and you could probably get 1500-2000.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the market today is crazy, so that rifle has some worth.

Not trying to poo poo on it, but it is a half way done conversion. Here's why:

-holes not welded up
-trigger guard just placed, not replaced.
-lower HG retainer is a bolt on.

I think if you had those 3 things done, maybe even replace the FSB amd GB with the correct 100 series (if that's even your thing) you could really up the value.

ETA:

Why is PG screw sticking out the bottom lie that?
View Quote

That's the screw that came with it. I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to order the right one. And I'll definitely look into the rest.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd guess around $1500.
Is a bullet guide installed?
The bolt in trigger guard, stock gb and fsb, match strike square on the receiver, and bolt on handguard make it less desirable than a complete conversion.
Some folks may not like that the barrel has been threaded, especially if it had to be turned down depending on what it's threaded. If it was turned down then it may cause issues installing the correct fsb.

That being said, it'll still be a great shooter and if you are not looking for a total clone then none of that matters. I recently acquired a .223 Saiga and rather than doing a clone I just decided to do a basic conversion and turn it into a fun shooter, no regrets and I could always go the clone route at a later date if I wanted to.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I had thirteen of those, all AK74's, all BNIB, at one time in 2015. I sold them all before the election (orange you glad Hillary still isn't president?) and literally bought a house.

Wish I'd kept one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd guess around $1500.
Is a bullet guide installed?
The bolt in trigger guard, stock gb and fsb, match strike square on the receiver, and bolt on handguard make it less desirable than a complete conversion.
Some folks may not like that the barrel has been threaded, especially if it had to be turned down depending on what it's threaded. If it was turned down then it may cause issues installing the correct fsb.

That being said, it'll still be a great shooter and if you are not looking for a total clone then none of that matters. I recently acquired a .223 Saiga and rather than doing a clone I just decided to do a basic conversion and turn it into a fun shooter, no regrets and I could always go the clone route at a later date if I wanted to.
View Quote

Yes a bullet guide is installed. The trigger guard is riveted in place not bolted on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes a bullet guide is installed. The trigger guard is riveted in place not bolted on.
View Quote

I've never seen a riveted trigger guard that looks like that. It looks like the style that is bolted under the pistol grip and through the mag catch. Riveted trigger guards are normally integral to the mag catch.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've never seen a riveted trigger guard that looks like that. It looks like the style that is bolted under the pistol grip and through the mag catch. Riveted trigger guards are normally integral to the mag catch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s very possible I’m wrong but it looks riveted to me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]
$1500-2000. Closer to $2k nowadays
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:13:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It’s very possible I’m wrong but it looks riveted to me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350278/BAFBCC90-9F65-444F-A24D-E3CA5D4AE98C_jpe-1848737.JPG
View Quote

Trigger guard and the mag release should be a single piece, not two separate pieces.

Like this
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Trigger guard and the mag release should be a single piece, not two separate pieces.

Like this
https://interarmstx.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/image_1492673865_868140632-1.jpg
View Quote

Got ya thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:57:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Id say good trade, but as an ak enthusiasts, the muzzle and small details are worth making correct. As a bullet hose, it'll be a fun shooter regardless.  Enjoy it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top