Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2020 4:09:42 PM EDT
Who makes a tool for removing the rear sight from an old barrel to put it on a new one?

I have install tools from toth (the barrel population kit).  I need to get the rear sight block off the old barrel.

Thanks!

Disregard, found the forbus tool.  Ordered.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 for the Forbus tool.  

You can also have him build a press plate with holes to line up with the Toth tool.  

Mock up to help illustrate for someone so I dont have the brass muzzle piece in it but you get it.  Its great for those "I pushed to far" moments.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 for the Forbus tool.  

You can also have him build a press plate with holes to line up with the Toth tool.  

Mock up to help illustrate for someone so I dont have the brass muzzle piece in it but you get it.  Its great for those "I pushed to far" moments.  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/IMG_0200_JPG-1573373.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/IMG_3706_JPG-1573376.jpg
View Quote

Nice, that's a good tip man.

I have a HF 12-ton press and the ak-builder collection just didn't have a way to get a RSB off till placing that order.  Now i should have everything possibly needed (hahahaha yeah right )
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Just as an update it arrived a couple days ago and I got a chance to use it yesterday/today.  EXTREMELY impressed, it's SOOOO much quicker and easier than the stuff (some commercial, some...."fabricated" ) I'd been using previously.

Night and day difference, 100%.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top