Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/27/2020 4:47:14 PM EDT
I have a Mitchell arms m-90, I just have the 20rd mags , 7.62x51 , I'm wondering about the avalibility of pre ban (94)drum mags? Any help is appreciated
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this is an old post, but I figure I would jump in anyway.

I don't recall ever seeing a drum of any kind for this rifle.  I have seen people convert M14/M1A mags to work, and I have heard of Saiga 308 mags being converted, but never a magazine.  That being said,  I would try an X Products drum and see if I could open up the front tab to work on the M90 and trim the locking tab on the back to fit correctly.

If you do this, post pics afterwards, as again I have never seen an M90 with a drum.  It would be bad ass though!    

X Products Drum
X Product Drum In Stock At The Time Of This Post

An alternative drum for less money
M14 ProMag 50 Round Drum

Just in case you need more mags, they are OOS as of the time of this writing, but they seem to get them from time to time.
M77 Mags

This guy shows the conversion being made.  I don't think I would use a Dremel tool with a wheel to do the front cut vs. drilling the hold open and cleaning it up.  I would refinish the new opening afterwards as well.  The back tab on the X Products drum is made from the same material as the mag itself, so it should be easy to trim.

Good luck!

Zastava M77, M90 .308 M14 Magazine Conversion

@Stutzmech

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know this is an old post, but I figure I would jump in anyway.

I don't recall ever seeing a drum of any kind for this rifle.  I have seen people convert M14/M1A mags to work, and I have heard of Saiga 308 mags being converted, but never a magazine.  That being said,  I would try an X Products drum and see if I could open up the front tab to work on the M90 and trim the locking tab on the back to fit correctly.

If you do this, post pics afterwards, as again I have never seen an M90 with a drum.  It would be bad ass though!    

X Products Drum
X Product Drum In Stock At The Time Of This Post

An alternative drum for less money
M14 ProMag 50 Round Drum

Just in case you need more mags, they are OOS as of the time of this writing, but they seem to get them from time to time.
M77 Mags

This guy shows the conversion being made.  I don't think I would use a Dremel tool with a wheel to do the front cut vs. drilling the hold open and cleaning it up.  I would refinish the new opening afterwards as well.  The back tab on the X Products drum is made from the same material as the mag itself, so it should be easy to trim.

Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zhNzDpLU38

@Stutzmech

View Quote

Thanks for the reply, here in mass they have a 94 ban still in place, it's very vague as to "making" a mag, but thanks for the vid. and reply
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top