Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/23/2020 8:03:24 PM EDT
What do you carry you AK magazines in?  I have a particular interest in MOLLE compatible, but ARFCOMS often think up things that I don't, so whatever you use to carry magazines in the field/at the range, I'd welcome your input.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
G-Code Soft Shell Scorpion or Chicom chest rig.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Tacos. The same set works for AR, AK, AK-74, Galil, and FAL mags.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Mike138, those look interesting.  How long have you used them? How are they holding up? Have you noticed any problems with them?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Low cost and easy would be a Type 81 Chest rig that will hold 4 30 round magazines.  

You can add some quick release buckles to the waist ties to make it a little more easy to assemble.

For additional mags, 5 cell Chinese pouches (30 rounders).  

Assuming a 30 rounder in the gun, that's a 10 (30 Round) magazine load out (300 rounds).  That should be enough ;)
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Taco as stated previously they hold anything.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Like Big Red Rocket, I like a Chinese chest rig.

I rarely wear mine, but rather I grab mine on the way out the door heading for the shooting range. I have had mine for a long time and think I paid $18 for it off e bay.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Haley D3CRX with mp2 inserts is the tits
Attachment Attached File

Not me but that's what it looks like, mine is MCT
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, I haven’t gotten much chance to run them yet. I just recently discovered them and ordered a 3-mag shingle for my plate carrier. They are light and stitching is solid. A little loose fitting, but the bungees keep the mags plenty secure. Hard to beat for the price.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a smersh. It was really neat opening the package and putting it together.

little russian flags sewn into the material like we would a "made in USA" flag. russian writing on the butt pack and tags. Works really well for carrying mags and surprisingly comfortable.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#11]
If you can find one of these old BLACKHAWK ! Chest rigs, they work well. Will hold...

8 M16/AUG etc
4 AK
4 M14/FAL/HKG3 etc with small block in the bottom.

I see them in the EE occasionally.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is mine OP, still waiting for some things.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I have used the following for 7.62x39 steel, bakelite, and polymer mags.

Spiritus Systems micro fight with 7.62 insert works really well but reinserting mags sucks, you can also increase and decrease mag retention by adjusting the load in the front pouch on top of the mags.

Haley Micro works extremely well with 5.56 insert but is a little crowded but 100% workable, reinserting mags is easy with the kydex inserts.

Circle 10 3 cell rig works really well but I am not a huge fan of bungee retention, reinserting mags isn't as bad as spiritus rig but its not as easy as Haley with kydex.

Tactical Tailor AK chest rig (discontinued) is a beast, all of the above are very well made but the tactical tailor rig is probably the toughest construction of those I have tried, it has velcro flaps to protect mags if you need that kind of thing. Reinserting mags is easy on this thing but you have to defeat the velcro first so its a trade off.

Out of the above the Spiritus gets the most use for me as I have no desire or need to carry much more than one mag, ifak, and monocular. You can also pull the mag insert out, attach a velcro flap or zip top and it will hold a 75 round drum if that is your idea of a good time, dont recommend going prone on one though.

If I was to recommend one of the above to a stranger without knowing any pertinent details I would recommend the Haley micro, easy to reinsert mags, decent capacity, modular, etc.

I have yet to find a Molle solution I prefer over the chest rigs/placards above.

Edit typos
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I use Tacos. The same set works for AR, AK, AK-74, Galil, and FAL mags.
View Quote

This.    Pricy; but multi purpose carry solutions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Low cost and easy would be a Type 81 Chest rig that will hold 4 30 round magazines.  

You can add some quick release buckles to the waist ties to make it a little more easy to assemble.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/44IAAOSwXQperjlp/s-l640.jpg

For additional mags, 5 cell Chinese pouches (30 rounders).  

https://i.imgur.com/yTk3Ubpl.jpg

Assuming a 30 rounder in the gun, that's a 10 (30 Round) magazine load out (300 rounds).  That should be enough ;)
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
This is what I use too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 4:57:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Over the decades have used 3-4 cell Warsaw Pact carriers.  In 03-06' in Iraq had some Blackhawk OD Green Molle pouches that held 3 mags in 3 cells.  Last year here in Astan have Tacos on my body armor.  Easily swap between M16/M4, AUG, Mk17 SCAR, AK or vz58 mags into them.

CD
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top