Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2018 9:52:24 PM EDT
I'm trying to get Milled MAK90 & install Spike assembly.
Does anyone know whether Spike assembly fits on a milled receiver MAK90 or only fits on stamped MAK90.
Milled & stamped receiver MAK90 uses same barrel & barrel diameter?

Any special parts needed in order to convert the slant cut milled receiver into a underfolder?
Already have a correct underfolder assembly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The barrels are the same between the stamped and milled variants, but unless it came with a neutered spiker FSB, the barrel will need to be pulled and turned in a lathe to make room for it. The slant cut on the milled Maks are might be close enough to use as an underfolder, but might also require milling/shaping. You would need to machine the correct features for the stock, and I would probably try to mill the pocket for the rear receiver cover plate.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Great info!
It looks like I need to send it to someone who could do the milling work.
Do you also know if Stamped & Milled receiver uses same Chinese underfolder?
I was finally able to locate one but not sure if it's for milled or stamped.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The barrels are the same between the stamped and milled variants, but unless it came with a neutered spiker FSB, the barrel will need to be pulled and turned in a lathe to make room for it. The slant cut on the milled Maks are might be close enough to use as an underfolder, but might also require milling/shaping. You would need to machine the correct features for the stock, and I would probably try to mill the pocket for the rear receiver cover plate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The stock should be the same.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Great to hear! Thank you~

Quoted:
The stock should be the same.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm trying to get Milled MAK90 & install Spike assembly.
Does anyone know whether Spike assembly fits on a milled receiver MAK90 or only fits on stamped MAK90.
Milled & stamped receiver MAK90 uses same barrel & barrel diameter?

Any special parts needed in order to convert the slant cut milled receiver into a underfolder?
Already have a correct underfolder assembly.
View Quote
Eta: this info is for stamped receivers (missed the milled part):
Turbothis sells a Chinese underfolder receiver and the matching rear "trunion" that is really just a rear cover plate and receiver support.  They don't use a traditional underfolder trunion, the receiver itself is dimpled and the hardware and receiver is reinforced.  The chi com underfolders are a unique critter.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
How's the quality between Childers & Turbothis Chinese pattern underfolder receivers?
Where's the source of front trunnion or part kits?

Quoted:

Eta: this info is for stamped receivers (missed the milled part):
Turbothis sells a Chinese underfolder receiver and the matching rear "trunion" that is really just a rear cover plate and receiver support.  They don't use a traditional underfolder trunion, the receiver itself is dimpled and the hardware and receiver is reinforced.  The chi com underfolders are a unique critter.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How's the quality between Childers & Turbothis Chinese pattern underfolder receivers?
Where's the source of front trunnion or part kits?
View Quote
luck  

sorry, I am not much help with sources.

Turbo this is quality.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been said that the new repro spiker FSB from Polytech is designed to slip over the barrel without having to have it turned down behind the FSB journal. Haven't had the chance to inspect one in person so not 100% certain on that. A quick call to KFS/ Polytech should get you an accurate answer as to whether or not you'd have to have the barrel machined to accept the spiker FSB.

If it's an original NOS Polytech spiker FSB that you have, then the barrel will need to be machined down some for it to fit.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top