Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/28/2019 7:05:59 PM EDT
I am converting a Mak-90 and so far I managed to press on a Bulgarian FSB and GB. I ran across the USA made Polytech Spiker FSB. Anybody run these on their Mak's? Reviews seem good on the website but any members have experience with them?

Since I have the Bulgarian GB installed it features a channel for the cleaning rod. Would this additional channel obstruct the spike bayonet to fully close?

http://stores.polytechparts.com/polytech-front-sight-base-bayonet-assembly-made-in-the-usa/
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard any complaints about the FSB's but I haven't personally used one. As for the gas block, all you would need to do is file off the bottom of the loop to produce a "half circle"  that would match the Chinese gas block.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on one converted MAK of mine. It’s not the same as the one on my Poly Spiker but in honesty, what’s the difference. I used to care but it’s not original so it’s only for looks at this point. Spiker MAK and NON
Attachment Attached File

Poly Spiker on the left and MAK Spiker on the right
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Outstanding fellas!

I received my Polytech Spiker FSB. No complaints from my end.

I'm sending off my Mak to Two Rivers Arms for them to install the FSB. Hopefully everything will come out looking and working beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's copy pictures of a Type 56 with spike I got yesterday here in Astan.  It was produced by 416.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you describe for me how to post pictures on this web site ?
Gregg
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:43:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I would upload whatever picture onto IMGUR.com

On the upper right corner you click "+ NEW POST"

Click "CHOOSE PHOTO/VIDEO"

Once you have uploaded your picture. Move you mouse cursor over your picture. Right click your mouse and and click "COPY IMAGE ADDRESS". My browser is Chrome but Internet Explorer, or other browsers are similar.

Now, come back onto AR15.com and go into a threat, click reply.

When you are typing your reply, look at the message options to the top. You see that chainlink icon? Right next to it is an icon of a mountain and sun, click this icon.

You will prompt a new box that says "INSERT IMAGE". Now right click, and paste the link you copied on IMGUR.com

You image should post in the thread.

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top