Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Posted: 8/12/2019 8:01:24 AM EST
Was at an estate auction this past Saturday way north in GA. There were 3 AK’s list along with many fine Browning rifles, 155 acre estate and 5000 square foot house.
No online bidding. All firearms at a local FFL and not onsite.
House and land went for $925,000 (plus 10% plus sales tax).

Bidding on what was reported to be a new in box (missed preview due to work) full stock Legend started at $300 and quickly went to $1000. All but 1 other bidder dropped out. I was in at $1450 and then saw that the other bidder was an older farmer looking guy and his grandson. He went to $1500 and I said let him have it. It probably was a gift for the grandson. Let him have the $500 M1 Carbine also with Korean wood. (I have enough already I never shot). Guy moved very slow and stiffly - hard life farming or a good actor for a guy looking to be pushing 70+.

Did get a reported nib MAK-90 for $437 out the door which I am picking up Wednesday from their dealer (2 hour drive each way from me). No idea if slant or straight but at that price I don’t care.

Last Choatified MAK-90 with off brand railed dust cover and weird brake went for way, way too much money. But it looked “cool”.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:06:18 AM EST
polytech leg at my LGS a few months ago $700....I DONT THINK THEY KNEW WHAT THEY HAD.  I passed on it though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:06:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:16:29 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By army75th:
polytech leg at my LGS a few months ago $700....I DONT THINK THEY KNEW WHAT THEY HAD.  I passed on it though.
View Quote
When you could have instantly flipped it for triple that?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 2:01:20 PM EST
Finally picked it up. Did not look NIB - such BS.
Hit it with some oil and a Dollar Store SS cleaning thingy.
Cleaned up nice. Clean bore.
Square cut - got lucky.
No mags - got boku.
Now need a solid wood stock (not laminate) for the color job to match the handguards.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 8:10:14 AM EST
That is clean.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 1:05:34 PM EST
You don't often see a square cut with the Norinco logo on the bottom of the receiver. That's typically a sign that it is probably slant cut, as opposed to the logo on the left side above the trigger which is usually square.
Somewhat uncommon rifle there...
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top