Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/27/2020 11:04:48 AM EDT
Hey guys, I'm new the the AK Forum and wanted to know if I could get some info on the above rifle I purchased several years ago. To start, all wood is in excellent condition and it has a lighter oak color to it, not the typical red finish wood. I keep it conditioned with Renaissance Wax. It has an import marking on the left side for KFS, Atlanta,GA. Poly Tech Beijing China and the oval 386 stamping by the serial number P47-001XX. I asked the owner when I bought it if it had been reblued and he said he wasn't sure, but thought someone told him it was sent to Ford Refinishing for a cleanup and blue job. I must admit it looks fantastic. The only rough spot is on the rear sight block, left side. It must have had a spot of rust on it, but it was cleaned up and re-blued very well. I can take detailed pictures if you're interested. just send me an email request to [email protected]. Looking to date it and maybe get an idea of what it may bring if I decide to part with it. Oh, it also has a Poly Tech stamped magazine with a steel follower.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Polytech made stamped and milled. Milled were usually Legends. Mine has darker wood.
More info here: Polytech
More

If your has the bayonet lug removed - it would be a “MAK” post 89 version.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Would it have MAK stamped somewhere ? There is no bayonet lug. Is the MAK version worth less money as a collector ?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
One more thing. Mine has a threaded barrel with a slant muzzle break, and there is no thumb hole stock.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would it have MAK stamped somewhere ? There is no bayonet lug. Is the MAK version worth less money as a collector ?
View Quote

A "MAK", by definition, will be worth less.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One more thing. Mine has a threaded barrel with a slant muzzle break, and there is no thumb hole stock.
View Quote

I believe the Legend series didn’t have the gas block bayonet lug.  It’s on the bottom of the front sight and would be two teeth that the bayonet hooks on.

Read more about them  Here

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I would very much appreciate it if one of you having an expertise in the Poly Tech Legend AK-47/S rifles could take a look at an array of pictures I took today of the markings, muzzle and back of my rifle and try to determine if this mine if a true Legend. It is a milled receiver and by all indications from my limited experience and some of the posts on this thread, I am totally confused as to what I have. I would post pictures on 5this thread by I do not have the know how so If you will be so kind as to send me an email address to [email protected] or [email protected] I will send you my pictures. Thanks in advance.
Gregg
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Here are the pics I am posting for the OP.  Looks to me like a Legend that may have been reblued based on the top cover color as well as the pitting in the lightening cut.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Wespe, thank you very much for posting these for me. I was pretty confident that this was a Legend, just not 100% sure. I did find one with similar markings on an AK47 web page and the picture said it was in fact a milled receiver Legend. Markings were exact. Any idea of it’s age and value if I was inclined to sell it ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a good question for the price check thread
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
MAC, not sure what you are referring to ? Can you Expound ? Where/What is the price check thread ?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MAC, not sure what you are referring to ? Can you Expound ? Where/What is the price check thread ?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/Want-to-know-the-value-of-your-AK-/64-155293/
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you !
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know where I can get info on the date of manufacture for my milled Poly Tech Legend AK47/s. It is a 5 digit number In the above picture it starts with P47-00xxx ?
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top