Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2021 8:37:35 AM EDT
Any reason to hang onto a full can or Polish 5.45x39 ammo?

Can't seem to find much info about it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you own a 5.45 rifle?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say it's worth a small premium over typical 5.45 Russian ammo simply because not very much ever made it into the country.

Here we are almost 7 years into the 7n6 ban on imports and people still report local sales of 5.45 in the $200 a can range. So it's obvious there is a huge supply of the Russian stuff out there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool. I never saw cans of Polish 5.45 on the market. Got a pic of the can?

I had a few individual rounds in my collection but they were no more rare or valuable than specimens from other countries.

Aside from possible interest from a collector, I can't see any reason it would be worth more than Russian or Bulgarian 5.45 surplus.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you own a 5.45 rifle?
View Quote

I have many,what's your point?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have many,what's your point?
View Quote

I guess I just don't understand the original post. In my mind if you have a rifle for the caliber then why wouldn't you keep it around and if you don't have a rifle in the caliber than there would be no reason to keep it.
Is there a reason you wouldn't keep it when you have rifles in that caliber?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cool. I never saw cans of Polish 5.45 on the market. Got a pic of the can?

I had a few individual rounds in my collection but they were no more rare or valuable than specimens from other countries.

Aside from possible interest from a collector, I can't see any reason it would be worth more than Russian or Bulgarian 5.45 surplus.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice can. I would keep it since it is newer than any of the Russian surplus.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#8]
IF you were to list it on gunbroker, it would bring a premium over bulgy and russian 7n6.
you just do not see the polish 7n6.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The Polish 5.45 ammo that is paper wrapped and tied with WHITE string has some weird extraction issues.

Intermittent stuck cases in NUMEROUS AK74's that also included factory post samples...so there were no issues with any builds.  It was the ammo, because every one of those guns ran Rus/Bulg ammo with zero issues.   The rims were not ripped off so I presume there may be some issues with the rim bevel or something.  

The ammo with the BROWN string is 100% gtg IME.

I don't recall the headstamps and that shit is buried in a 100 cans I've no desire to move around in order to check.

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top