Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2016 8:24:37 PM EDT
Hi All.  I bought an AKM from a friend years ago. It was assembled by vector arms on an Armory USA out of Houston, TX receiver. Model AUSA and serial number starts with B. I've read they used polish parts kits but I can't find any markings. Have you got any advice on how to ID the origin?  Any help would be appreciated.  Pics of the only markings I could find follow:

Triangle with a 5 or S?

Barrel marks:

Top handguard release lever:

Recoil spring guide:

Side view:
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
wood is  Bulgarian,
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
How are you identifying it as Bulgarian?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
wood is  Bulgarian aalthought it's for a AK74, but those will also fit on a AKM.   the Cyrillic letters (recoil spring)  Bulgarian use that alphabet, Poles/Romanians  use roman alphabet. what I thought was Bulgarian, not sure now,  what has me scratching my head is the entire barrel assy. :the  barrel, gas block, gas tube and front sight is  a AK47. looked on the net to see if the Bulgarians made a hybrid AKM/47,  but I couldn't find it. the other possibility it was cobbled together by VECTOR
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wood is  Bulgarian aalthought it's for a AK74, but those will also fit on a AKM.   the Cyrillic letters (recoil spring)  Bulgarian use that alphabet, Poles/Romanians  use roman alphabet. what I thought was Bulgarian, not sure now,  what has me scratching my head is the entire barrel assy. :the  barrel, gas block, gas tube and front sight is  a AK47. looked on the net to see if the Bulgarians made a hybrid AKM/47,  but I couldn't find it. the other possibility it was cobbled together by VECTOR
View Quote

Interesting. The rear sight is calibrated to 800 meters and has a letter A on it. The gas tube has holes on the sides.  Are these AK-47 vs AKM features?  Do you have any idea what the 5  inside the triangle on the side of the would indicate?  Not sure if that is a trunion, but it's visible in one of the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a hodge-podge of parts. Rear sight leaf is Hungarian, but the recoil spring definitely isn't (likely Russian or Bulgarian). The mark on your rear sight block could just be an inspection mark, or it could be a partial Chinese "56". The barrel marks are too indistinct to identify (at least for me).
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks very much everyone.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:21:17 AM EDT
[#7]
is that RSB welded?
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Interdasting. It looks like that recoil assembly is telescopic, and your gas tube and front sight are AK-47, not AKM. I’m guessing the serial number on the gas tube matches the recoil assembly? What else has serial numbers that match the recoil assembly? If those are Type 3 parts then it could be worth a lot if you part it out.

The barrel looks pinned, and as far as I know American companies don’t put journal sizes on their barrels, so I’m guessing it is a chrome lined barrel? If it is Eastern Europe barrel then that is awesome.

It’s an American receiver right?
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top