Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/25/2022 6:50:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz]
I was a lucky SOB and was able to snag an unfired Gen 1 Galil ACE in 7.62x39 for $1,700.  This is my 3rd one I've owned, having mistakenly sold the previous two.  So I plan to keep this one.

Got it home and it is definitely unfired which is cool.  I did notice there is a very minor amount of left to right play in the rear iron sight, though.  I don't remember having any play on the irons in my previous two gen 1 ACE rifles.  Can anyone else with a gen 1 ACE confirm if there is play in the rear iron?  It's just a few mm, but still noticeable enough.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Couldn't see much movement, but felt a slight amount left to right.  Not much at all.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve had two Gen 1s. Both have play in the rear sight.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top