Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/22/2021 1:46:18 PM EDT
I'm in the process of putting a Frankenstein - AK together. Are the gas blocks and sight blocks all the same size between countries?

I currently have a US barrel and receiver, an AMD 63D front trunion and op rod and a Polish bolt. I've been looking at a Yugo rear sight block but didn't know if it would fit.

TIA for any input,
Ben
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
If the barrel you have is an AKM pattern, then avoid Yugo, Chinese and Milled AK47 barrel components. All the rest will interchange (some with minor fitting).  Yugo gas tubes are longer than AKM. Without a complete list of what you have so far, it is a little difficult to point you in the right direction on everything you need.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yugo front trunion is not ok for your build. The barrel  diameter is different of AKM. The yugo parts interchangeable to akm are bolt carrier (but not piston) and bolt,  trigger assembly and pins. All the rest doesn't fit.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yugo front trunion is not ok for your build. The barrel  diameter is different of AKM. The yugo parts interchangeable to akm are bolt carrier (but not piston) and bolt,  trigger assembly and pins. All the rest doesn't fit.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top