Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2020 11:49:48 PM EDT
I have both an AK-74 and AMD-65 parts kit that I bought probably 15-16 years ago and stored on a shelf in the basement unopened.  Is there any value in converting them now or would you just leave them as parts kits?  I guess my concern is the current political climate - do I want to go ahead and get these converted into complete rifles ahead of a potential ban (assuming a blue wave) or just continue to sit on them.

Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks for your time and input.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Currently they would be worth considerably more than you paid for them 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]
There will be no 'blue wave';  Biden is a parade balloon full of fart gas.

Those kits will be quite a bit handier to ship and sell if they're NOT built.  Leaving them as kits will give the buyer a few options, too.

You should probably build them if you want to keep them for yourself, as complete rifles.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Biden is a parade balloon full of fart gas.
View Quote

Very well put !

Back on point...
I would build the kits... that's just me.

My thinking is that if something ever goes down... I won't be stuck in the stick and rock crowd.
After all... how far can you throw a gas block anyhow?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
two 80% receivers now, if it ever looks like it is better to have them built out you can do so fairly quickly (assuming you have the tooling as well). If you decide to sell the kits, include the unfinished 80% receivers.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top