Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do I spy both 9mm and 762x39?
View Quote
Looks like at least 3 thread sizes, guessing the left is 24x1.5 and the far right is 1/2"x28, and maybe 14x1 in the middle?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That will cover their AK line....AK-V, 100 series, and everything else.
View Quote

I’m very interested in the weight.

If these come in lighter than a 4 piece that will be incredible. Not sure if that’s realistically possible though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
How we doin on those handguards? I have a couple PSA 100 series guns that could use them.

That said, a B-33 clone is what I truly crave. Someone please announce it. My body is ready.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How we doin on those handguards? I have a couple PSA 100 series guns that could use them.

That said, a B-33 clone is what I truly crave. Someone please announce it. My body is ready.
View Quote

There is a possibility we will have some ready for sale late next week. We are launching the Soviet Arms optics mount today.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Zentico style stock with cheek riser is what we seek.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about that ^^^ @Jman_JJE ??
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How about that ^^^ @Jman_JJE ??
View Quote

We are working on something similar, most likely 6 months out with how many projects we are working on right now.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We are working on something similar, most likely 6 months out with how many projects we are working on right now.
View Quote

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Soviet arms rails and railed gas tubes are available on some of the aks now.

Gas tube looks to be midwest inspired  with a tension type mount. Rails seem well thought out and slimmer than the JL rail from looking at the pictures.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Soviet arms rails and railed gas tubes are available on some of the aks now.

Gas tube looks to be midwest inspired  with a tension type mount. Rails seem well thought out and slimmer than the JL rail from looking at the pictures.
View Quote

Those aren't the ones we are discussing in this thread. They are neat, but not really what we are looking for.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I need a corresponding green dust cover.
The stocks are another piece.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57852/2E018D92-288C-4BE6-98D0-0FF2A763FA27-2420607.jpg
View Quote

Please leave the memes in GD. dryflash3
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is a short and long hand guard, top cover, extended charging handle and stock all OTW
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need a corresponding green dust cover.
The stocks are another piece.  

I honestly love that green.  I could never find a corresponding green dust cover.  I should have just settled and bought a black one at the time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I think Klayco managed to put together an SLR-106FR with the green goblin furniture. It's magnificent.

Maybe we can mug him at KalashBash. But seriously, I think the green is fantastic - now we just need to sneak a green B-33 out of Russia.

Ha! I found the link.

EDIT: My mistake, looks like a 7.62 not a 5.56 AK.

EDIT #2: Actually, he did it with a 5.56 as well - I'm not going insane after all

Alpha 556 AK unveiled, Zenitco parts Installation!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:47:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think Klayco managed to put together an SLR-106FR with the green goblin furniture. It's magnificent.

Maybe we can mug him at KalashBash. But seriously, I think the green is fantastic - now we just need to sneak a green B-33 out of Russia.

Ha! I found the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuyDBzOqAyo

EDIT: My mistake, looks like a 7.62 not a 5.56 AK.

EDIT #2: Actually, he did it with a 5.56 as well - I'm not going insane after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6UY-Wy_Ifk
View Quote

Remember when we could order for the cheap price of $300 per cover? I remember

I can’t tell you how many times I had a cart full of Zenitco, and didn’t check out. There is a life lesson in that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 12:17:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Remember when we could order for the cheap price of $300 per cover? I remember

I can't tell you how many times I had a cart full of Zenitco, and didn't check out. There is a life lesson in that.
View Quote
I just got into the modern AK itch about the time Putin started marching.

Saw how expensive it was gonna be to outfit a rifle and just decided to sit and wait. Now? Vaporware with no end in sight.

Really hoping PSA goes balls deep with their Z inspired parts and comes out with the hand guards, too covers, and adjustable stocks. I'm really picky with OAL on stocks and can't stomach an AR stock on an AK, but would like adjustment.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Often times, manufacturers post product pictures on their websites of unreleased units. PSA is no exception, and if you look closely, you will find photos of their SA-10U and SA-19 handguards on their site already. I've linked some of those pictures below for those of you who simply lack imagination and initiative. Perhaps PSA is mere weeks away from releasing this system.... still no B-33 clone (likely dubbed SA-33).

Link Posted: 8/29/2022 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Often times, manufacturers post product pictures on their websites of unreleased units. PSA is no exception, and if you look closely, you will find photos of their SA-10U and SA-19 handguards on their site already. I've linked some of those pictures below for those of you who simply lack imagination and initiative. Perhaps PSA is mere weeks away from releasing this system.... still no B-33 clone (likely dubbed SA-33).
https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/7af8331bf1196ca28793bd1e8f6ecc7b/5/1/516551304162_1.jpg

https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/7af8331bf1196ca28793bd1e8f6ecc7b/5/1/516551304162_5.jpg

View Quote

I came here to post this. I saw it on their daily deals email. Hopefully this means we will see stand alone units in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I came here to post this. I saw it on their daily deals email. Hopefully this means we will see stand alone units in the next few weeks.
View Quote

I beat their email by several hours, so its not your fault that you were a bit late my friend!

Anyway, it is a cool system. What remains to be seen is if it is compatible with the zenitco B-33. Could, for example, someone grab a PSA unit and affix a genuine B-33 to it? Thats what I want to know.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/7af8331bf1196ca28793bd1e8f6ecc7b/5/1/516551304162_1.jpg

https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/7af8331bf1196ca28793bd1e8f6ecc7b/5/1/516551304162_5.jpg

View Quote

Very, very nice, hopefully this means we see a B33 clone and the longer handguard as well, ala AK-105 sexy set up
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't want to go through 3 pages because I'm lazy but will this be at all compatible with existing Zenitco Furniture? I got a B33, but will the what I'm assuming will be S31N (Zenitco B31N) from PSA be compatible with it? OR maybe the B19N version from PSA with the shorter Zenitco Bottom Rail?

EDIT: I just scrolled a couple of posts ahead and seen Sal already post this question. Definitely Lazy Tonight.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't want to go through 3 pages because I'm lazy but will this be at all compatible with existing Zenitco Furniture? I got a B33, but will the what I'm assuming will be S31N (Zenitco B31N) from PSA be compatible with it? OR maybe the B19N version from PSA with the shorter Zenitco Bottom Rail?

EDIT: I just scrolled a couple of posts ahead and seen Sal already post this question. Definitely Lazy Tonight.
View Quote

Maybe @Jman_JJE will answer this for us. It is the very least he could do to keep this thread alive....
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Maybe @Jman_JJE will answer this for us. It is the very least he could do to keep this thread alive....
View Quote

I will check and get an answer in the morning. We are selling our short rail on guns. They will be offered individually very soon. Long rails are still about 3 weeks out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I will check and get an answer in the morning. We are selling our short rail on guns. They will be offered individually very soon. Long rails are still about 3 weeks out.
View Quote

Have you committed to making a B-33 clone (the dust cover rail that connects to the rest of the system)? Everyone is excited to see if you can pull it off man!
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Have you committed to making a B-33 clone (the dust cover rail that connects to the rest of the system)? Everyone is excited to see if you can pull it off man!
View Quote

Those two screw holes at the back of the handguard should be an indicator
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those two screw holes at the back of the handguard should be an indicator
View Quote

You'd think so, but.... one never knows.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seconded, and awaiting the backwards compatibility answer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#31]
It will be compatible and the design team at Soviet arms is currently working on a dust cover and a stock that for our Soviet arms series.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Super excited about the long rail/dust cover/stock options.

You guys could sell them packaged up as an AK upgrade kit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It will be compatible and the design team at Soviet arms is currently working on a dust cover and a stock that for our Soviet arms series.
View Quote

Got pics brah?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I just ordered the short handguard set (available HERE for $129.99), and will test for compatibility with a B-33 when it arrives.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just ordered the short handguard set (available HERE for $129.99), and will test for compatibility with a B-33 when it arrives.
View Quote

OOS now
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shoot, Sal. You have me waiting on pins and needles for your photos and write up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Shoot, Sal. You have me waiting on pins and needles for your photos and write up.
View Quote

I’ll get pics of the whole thing as soon as it arrives and see if it attaches to the b-33. Let me know if there are any other comparability tests you want done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll get pics of the whole thing as soon as it arrives and see if it attaches to the b-33. Let me know if there are any other comparability tests you want done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#39]
I got a couple sets ordered yesterday.  As of this morning, the listing was showing back in stock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I got a couple sets ordered yesterday.  As of this morning, the listing was showing back in stock.
View Quote
Yep, I just ordered the SA10+SA19 rail set myself
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#41]
https://palmettostatearmory.com/soviet-arms-sa-10u-and-sa-19-handguard-set.html

Anyone have a review yet? So you just use the standard gas tube for the top rail?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#42]
So is the PSA breaking off the AK stuff and calling it Soviet Arms?
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/soviet-arms-sa-10u-and-sa-19-handguard-set.html

Anyone have a review yet? So you just use the standard gas tube for the top rail?
View Quote
If its a 1 to 1 copy of the ZenitCo B19 then yes, you remove the poly or laminate gas tube cover and put the B19/SA19 rail over the naked gas tube
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#45]
I didn’t see an answer to this but are these handguards ‘tension fit’ like original Zenitco’s?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#46]
@Jman_JJE

Are these drop in for your PSA Rifles? Y'all have a thicker HG Retainer, so I would like to know if I need to bust out the trusty old dremel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@Jman_JJE

Are these drop in for your PSA Rifles? Y'all have a thicker HG Retainer, so I would like to know if I need to bust out the trusty old dremel.
View Quote

Product description says some fitting required.  I got some of the other PSA metal handguards, with the mlok slots.  Those ones were a tight fit and required a little cussing and/or filing to get them to fit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Product description says some fitting required.  I got some of the other PSA metal handguards, with the mlok slots.  Those ones were a tight fit and required a little cussing and/or filing to get them to fit.
View Quote

Was tacitly assuming that, but was hoping this was drop in for PSA at least.

I read that in the description, but was not sure if that applied to other brand AK's, as I said above the HG Retainer of PSA seems much thicker than my Arsenal, JRA, and Century AK's. Guess I wouldn't be wrong to assume I'm going to have to file it down to fit it. Hopefully PSA will give better installation instructions than Zenitco, "Make Handguard Fit Shape of Rifle with Hammer"
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone receive their handguards yet?
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anyone receive their handguards yet?
View Quote

Mine hasn't even shipped...
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top