Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/23/2020 1:44:44 PM EDT
Hey guys, I finally made it to the range to shoot my AK-V. I had mounted a MRO with an ADM QD low mount on the top cover rail and did a rough zero to the irons, which you can just barely see through the bottom of the MRO.

Once I got to the range I found that I was nowhere even remotely close to being zeroed, like way off windage wise. After much fiddling with trying to zero it, I removed the MRO and checked the iron sights, which were right on at 25 yards. Then I checked the screws on the mount and also tightened down the QD lever so it's to the point where it almost hurts my finger tips to release the clamp from the rail.

Once I dialed the MRO in and rechecked to the irons the dot is kicked way off to the right. So I'm trying to determine if I have an issue with the ADM mount, the MRO, or the top cover rail. I'm thinking the top cover is the weakest link here. Anyone else have this issue or heard of it?

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's mounted on the top cover rail. The MRO just attaches to the ADM QD mount with four little screws and then the mount/sight combo clamps down on the rail like any other mount. I don't think there's any adjustments that can be made for side to side, only clamp pressure.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
second rifle to check it? The top rail piece is off most likely
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
IF you dont have a level, a cheap test is mount any other picatinny thingy to the rail and see if its equally tilted.  IMO, that picture makes it look like the optic is slanted pretty bad.  You'd be able to see that much slant in the rail with your naked eye.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Sig Romeo 5 I'll slap on it and see if I notice the same issue
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The way I would test is to move the MRO to a different rifle, then use a different optic on the AKV

Should get you sorted pretty quick where the issue is

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I am going to also swap out the mount for the MRO before I try it on another gun just to eliminate another possibility.

I installed the Sig Romeo on the AK-V last night, which used to be zeroed to my SLR on an Attero Arms mount. I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything solid, but the dot on it sits in alignment with the irons.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top