https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj6pHEZ1uF4

Apparently, this is a thing. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Da, komrad
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding!!! Sign me up.
It would be nice if they added  a division to manufacture inexpensive  US  7.62x39 and 5.45x39 ammo as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
For the record, if they can bring these in for under $1250 (which is the cost of a Tula kit for me at rguns when they have them) I will buy one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the record, if they can bring these in for under $1250 (which is the cost of a Tula kit for me at rguns when they have them) I will buy one.
View Quote

And we can buy these where?  Don't see them for sale on their site.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
patiently waiting with credit card in hand. Hope I can afford it :)
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Outstanding!!! Sign me up.
It would be nice if they added  a division to manufacture inexpensive  US  7.62x39 and 5.45x39 ammo as well.
View Quote

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. We had the steel cased line in the works before the whole ammo ban. 7.62x39, 5.45 and 54R will be manufactured in the US under our soviet arms brand. This project is a very large construction and manufacturing project that has been going on for about a year. Our current timeline has the first steel cases rounds coming off of the line in 2023. Of course any project this large can see delays. We should be able to make up for most of the missing Russian imports.

Jamin
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. We had the steel cased line in the works before the whole ammo ban. 7.62x39, 5.45 and 54R will be manufactured in the US under our soviet arms brand. This project is a very large construction and manufacturing project that has been going on for about a year. Our current timeline has the first steel cases rounds coming off of the line in 2023. Of course any project this large can see delays. We should be able to make up for most of the missing Russian imports.

Jamin
View Quote

Don't know if trolling or serious but that would be pretty sweet if priced well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't know if trolling or serious but that would be pretty sweet if priced well.
View Quote

I’m serious, we have put a major investment into keeping the Kalashnikov line of weapons and ammo alive in the US.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’m serious, we have put a major investment into keeping the Kalashnikov line of weapons and ammo alive in the US.
View Quote

You guys rock! Thanks for doing that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think many of this outfits announcements are teasers for future products.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Jamin
View Quote

Mind sharing who "We" , is\are?
Are these the dpms branded aks?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Mind sharing who "We" , is\are?
Are these the dpms branded aks?
View Quote

JJE Captal

The Soviet Arms Tula AKs will be available for sale next week.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#13]
https://palmettostatearmory.com/soviet-arms-russian-tula-kit-build.html
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

JJE Captal

View Quote

Ok thanks.
Parent company that owns Palmetto State.
Sweetness.

{where da thumbs up smilie be at}

Well then, Who is doing the dpms ak's then?
I forgot who got them.
eta: Says you all got dpms?

Either way, unless it is something I haven't already squished together, I am good on Ak's.

Gonna be great to have a domestic commie caliber manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Can’t wait to see if they can fuck this up as much as their PSAK-74’s
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

How far are your investments on the ammo line, like making your own primers, or even powder, given the shortages of both (easing up as they may be now)?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How far are your investments on the ammo line, like making your own primers, or even powder, given the shortages of both (easing up as they may be now)?
View Quote

Now that is a great question.
Primers primers for the masses primers for everyone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's pretty big if they are going to make affordable steel case. Cheap AKs and steel case would be great to have plentiful again.

I was debating on just keeping a few for the novelty and sticking to 556 and x51 in modern stuff but this would definitely change that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't give details yet But, you will be very happy
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can’t wait to see if they can fuck this up as much as their PSAK-74’s
View Quote

I don't think that's fair man. Sure: their ak74-type model had lots of problems, but I am sure they are working on getting the kinks out, and will have something decent in a few generations. In fact, I was excited to see their 105 teaser a few days ago.

Hey JJE guy: When will the 105's come to market? And am I correct that these will be a gen-two gun with significant improvements to the 74's you put out last year?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't think that's fair man. Sure: their ak74-type model had lots of problems, but I am sure they are working on getting the kinks out, and will have something decent in a few generations. In fact, I was excited to see their 105 teaser a few days ago.

Hey JJE guy: When will the 105's come to market? And am I correct that these will be a gen-two gun with significant improvements to the 74's you put out last year?
View Quote

We run items in bulk. When the machines are set up to run 7.62 they go full steam. When we are caught up on 7.62 we will change back over to 5.45 and then put the AK74 back into production and reliease the 105. We changed back to 7.62 when garand thumb did his video. We got the gun back and analyzed it. He is getting it back and then will do another video on it. We made a few minor changes and are waiting for the change over in about a month or so to 5.45.

ETA: it is being shipped back to him and he will do another video. Just checked and it is not in his hands yet. He has agreed to do a video once he gets it back
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We run items in bulk. When the machines are set up to run 7.62 they go full steam. When we are caught up on 7.62 we will change back over to 5.45 and then put the AK74 back into production and reliease the 105. We changed back to 7.62 when garand thumb did his video. We got the gun back and analyzed it. He has it back and is working on another video now. We made a few minor changes and are waiting for the change over in about a month or so.
View Quote
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Nice to hear first hand how thinks are going.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Jamin
View Quote

What about steel case Grendel?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What about steel case Grendel?
View Quote

Not at this time
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We run items in bulk. When the machines are set up to run 7.62 they go full steam. When we are caught up on 7.62 we will change back over to 5.45 and then put the AK74 back into production and reliease the 105. We changed back to 7.62 when garand thumb did his video. We got the gun back and analyzed it. He is getting it back and then will do another video on it. We made a few minor changes and are waiting for the change over in about a month or so to 5.45.

ETA: it is being shipped back to him and he will do another video. Just checked and it is not in his hands yet. He has agreed to do a video once he gets it back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for all you do and thanks for sharing this information with us.

Your posts in this thread are the best things I have read all week.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is good news, but there are several reviewers who are not youtube personalities that you may want to touch base with regarding their issues as well. Also, if you do not mind me saying so, please release the 105's without furniture in a similar configuration as the 104's you did at $650. A lot of us have spare furniture and triggers and could justify a fun purchase when the price is low.

best of luck.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:31:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Mimumin.

$1200 for the kit alone.
$200 for the barrel.
$200 for the receiver with rail.
$300 Time and Material for build.
$100 For paint.
$100 Just for fun.
+ Shipping, Tax, and FFL.

$2200+

What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow…  This is definitely good news!!

PSA, if I could make ONE small recommendation…  First, I’m glad you’re using FN/USA made barrels, but PLEASE!! have FN/USA mark their barrels in an area that’s completely covered up by the handguards!!

I love AKs and understand 922r situation, but you’re building “collector grade” firearms and its those “little” things that matters to collectors, especially if you’re charging primo price.

Seriously, I’m glad to see your company/corporation also focusing on repos of classic military styled firearms for us collectors!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2021 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I am very glad to see all of this, you guys are awesome.

I really hope the Tula AKMs aren’t cheap, I don’t need one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mimumin.

$1200 for the kit alone.
$200 for the barrel.
$200 for the receiver with rail.
$300 Time and Material for build.
$100 For paint.
$100 Just for fun.
+ Shipping, Tax, and FFL.

$2200+

What do you think?
View Quote

$1399 would be my guess but  I'm not really sure about what stuff is worth. I know I can get into some pretty rare AKs when we get into the 2k-3k territory.

The masses want cheap AKs and cheaper Ammo

Link Posted: 10/7/2021 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Rguns is asking $1250 for a 69 Izhmash kit.
https://rguns.net/shop/russian-ak47-1969-izhmash-akm-parts-kit/

@Jman_JJE

The Ammo is great news any other calibers 9mm, 45ACP?
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You guys rock! Thanks for doing that.
View Quote

YES. Yes they do. PSA is a great 2A based company doing great things for its customers and the second amendment.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. We had the steel cased line in the works before the whole ammo ban. 7.62x39, 5.45 and 54R will be manufactured in the US under our soviet arms brand. This project is a very large construction and manufacturing project that has been going on for about a year. Our current timeline has the first steel cases rounds coming off of the line in 2023. Of course any project this large can see delays. We should be able to make up for most of the missing Russian imports.

Jamin
View Quote

Wow, holy cow.

Please keep the memes in GD. dryflash3

Link Posted: 10/7/2021 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Jamin
View Quote

..aaaand you just got your first customer for those steel-cased beauties

I know, 2023, no biggie, my current ammo fort will hold out until then.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

$1399 would be my guess but  I'm not really sure about what stuff is worth. I know I can get into some pretty rare AKs when we get into the 2k-3k territory.

View Quote
They're $1899.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They're $1899.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're $1899.

Not that I don’t believe you, but how’d you find that out?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 1:05:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not that I don't believe you, but how'd you find that out?
View Quote
It's on the website, you just have to get a little creative with their price filter to figure it out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 2:28:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's on the website, you just have to get a little creative with their price filter to figure it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I don't believe you, but how'd you find that out?

I know you used to be able to add to compare, but they fixed that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Optics rail...  
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Optics rail...  
View Quote
I hope they'll end up doing some without.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:08:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

JJE Captal

View Quote
@Jman_JJE

Can you please tell Chad and Cameron to make a version without the optic rail?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They're $1899.
View Quote
Well thanks for teaching me something new with price filters!

Too bad that's out of my price range. Gotta buy a new thermal scope to replace my current one.

I love my MOEKOV GF3. No doubt they will be top notch AK's. I hope they sourced tons and tons of kits so they can continue to build them. If not, then they will be quite a collectors item, being that Russian parts with a premium US barrel and receiver will be better than any garage built kit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@Jman_JJE

Can you please tell Chad and Cameron to make a version without the optic rail?
View Quote

There will be one without side rail. The Russian AKM had a version with a side rail. It was called the AKMN. It seems like some people will never be happy. If we introduced the one without side rail first these same people would complain it doesn’t have it
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It is nice to see all of the options that Palmetto is bringing to the table for AK Shooters . The variety of configurations is impressive so say the least . We got in some of their rifles a few weeks ago and the fit & finish was beautiful .

https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/palmetto-state-armory-forged-nutmeg-triangle-side-folder-ak47-rifle-w-cheese-grater-handguard-15.jpg
https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/psak-47-gf3-ak47-forged-classic-rifle-red-wood-palmetto-state-armory-5165450298-9.jpg
Palmetto State Armory

View Quote

I'd love to grab that top furniture set for my 107r. I'd consider grabbing that from PSA but with maybe the Romanian parts and FN barrel as well.

I was going to stick with what I had with the steel case probably drying up in a couple years or at least going up in price but the timing might work with JJE building a plant or whatever.

Link Posted: 10/8/2021 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There will be one without side rail. The Russian AKM had a version with a side rail. It was called the AKMN. It seems like some people will never be happy. If we introduced the one without side rail first these same people would complain it doesn't have it
View Quote
@Jman_JJE I wasn't complaining, but I completely understand what you mean. Doug Ford did an exact replica of the AKMN rail years and years ago. IIRC it was a 2 piece. I bought one from him, never built the Tula kit and sold everything. I suppose I'll have to buy one of these now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

TAPCO, all through the 1990s?
I'm still kicking myself over missing the AMD-65 build kits for $125/2.
I can't remember if that included the sheet metal receiver kit or not.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top