Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2023 6:48:53 PM EDT
Sold a 20 year old mini and picked up a GF5.  Bought a full length master mount, PA 1-6 and some low rings.  After mounting everything up, the mount was crooked.  My two VSKA AKs everything mounted perfectly straight.  Took some measurements and stuck a cleaning rod down the barrel, looks like the gun is crooked.  Took it back up to the store i bought it from so they can send it off.  I tried the Mastermount on several PSA AKs at Palmetto and another gun store to see if i was seeing crooked.  All the ones ive tried were perfectly straight or very very close to perfect.  This is so dissapointing.  This is the second firearm from palmetto that ive had to send back before even fireing.  Picked up a PA10 that was put together with a AR15 bolt catch.  Palmetto has to do a better job of quality control.  Hopefully they will go over this thing with a fine tooth comb and get it right.  If not, gues ill just have to pawn it and loose 600$, like just giving the mini away.  Will update when this thing comes back, probably take 8 weeks. ERRR
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Were you able to zero your optics?
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a new GF5 I had to send back, horrible accuracy 6-8 inches at 50 yards. I tried several different kinds of ammo, functioned well but couldn't hit anything with it. They had it 8 weeks to the day and replaced the barrel and they test fired it, no good so they replaced the bolt and it was determined it was a head space issue. I received the rifle back and now it shoots fine and I'm glad they got it sorted out. It's a beautiful rifle and the FN barrel is nice, good luck with yours and hope you get it back corrected. PSA makes good stuff and I've never had a problem before this one with any of their firearms or parts.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top