Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2022 12:28:31 AM EDT
built using Romanian parts kits apparently, so are they considered Romanian AKs?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like they will use FN barrels, ALg triggers, and their own receivers.  Here’s a snippet about their Russian Tulsa builds

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:
built using Romanian parts kits apparently, so are they considered Romanian AKs?
View Quote

I ordered one of the g3 nitride barrel versions over the weekend.

Hope this will satisfy my Romanian needs with the heart (besides barrel) being Romanian along with furniture. Not a fan of the dong grip but the palm swell version wasn't available. It was $800 so if it was built properly and runs I'll be happy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mojo7] [#3]
I'd be interested in a Tula. Curious about reviews on the barrels though. I wonder if Robski has done a review yet. If not I am sure he will.

On another forum, a guy is selling a Tula parts kits with original barrel for $1400.00. I doubt a PSA Tula will be over that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mojo7:
I'd be interested in a Tula. Curious about reviews on the barrels though. I wonder if Robski has done a review yet. If not I am sure he will.

On another forum, a guy is selling a Tula parts kits with original barrel for $1400.00. I doubt a PSA Tula will be over that.
View Quote
He reviewed the FN barrels in the AK-E and I think he did a GF5 review as well. He is a fan...
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:06:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#5]
I wouldn't say they're Romanian AK's.  US Barrel, receiver, and trigger group.  But other than buying a WASR or finding a SAR, there really isn't much other options.  I have one of their Romy Blems showing-up at my dealer on Thursday.  Can't decide if I want one of there under folders or not.  Again, no real other options for that except when Atlantic builds them.

I usually just get their GF3 rifles (nitride barrel), as I don't see myself ever wearing out one of those barrels in my life time.  One of the problems I see with the FN HF CL barrels (GF5 guns) is the big billboard roll marks on top of the barrel.  Kind of kills the look if buying a Russian or Romy clone.

When PSA has the Russians, they sell for $1899.  And that's with the FN barrel & ALG trigger.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Just picked up my GF3-R under folder today and first impressions I am impressed.  I had a Pre 89 Chinese under folder that I sold years ago when the prices went so high I couldn't resist any longer.

This will take its place in the safe along with the cash I walked away with...

It takes all the steel AK mags I have tried so far.  It takes my bayonets I have tried as well.

Furniture is nice

I actually like the under folder stock better.  It is tighter and seems to have a positive snap in place, even on the end shoulder piece that my Chinese folder did not have. it just flopped around and didn't lock in place like on the PSAK-U
I would prefer a slant brake but I guess I can replace that myself???? Also no cleaning rod but thats not a huge deal

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:06:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#7]
Just picked up my GF3-R under folder today and first impressions I am impressed.  I had a Pre 89 Chinese under folder that I sold years ago when the prices went so high I couldn't resist any longer.

This will take its place in the safe along with the cash I walked away with...

It takes all the steel AK mags I have tried so far.  It takes my bayonets I have tried as well.

Furniture is nice

I actually like the under folder stock better.  It is tighter and seems to have a positive snap in place, even on the end shoulder piece that my Chinese folder did not have. it just flopped around and didn't lock in place like on the PSAK-U
I would prefer a slant brake but I guess I can replace that myself???? Also no cleaning rod but thats not a huge deal

View Quote

That's probably my next purchase.  They're others guns I'd rather buy, but once these are gone (they sell out everyday), who knows how hard they'll be to find later.

Midwayusa actually sells both the slant brake & AK cleaning rod for about $10 each.  But the muzzle nut seems to be the "correct" look for those under folders (PM md. 65).

KAK Slant Muzzle Brake M14x1.0 LH Thread AK-47, AK-74 Steel Matte
Power Custom 1-Piece Cleaning Rod AK-47 16" Stamped Receiver Steel Blue

The inspiration for many a clone BFPU builds.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info, maybe I'll keep the muzzle device it has.  But definitely want a cleaning rod. Kinda pissed it didn't ship with one...
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrpett] [#9]
Thanks for the info, maybe I'll keep the muzzle device it has.  But definitely want a cleaning rod. Kinda pissed it didn't ship with one...
View Quote

I'll be picking up my GF3-R under folder next Mon or Tue and I was wondering about the cleaning rod. I planned on ordering some Romanian mags in the meantime and now you just saved me from having to order a cleaning rod separately in the future. Does it come with a sling?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jrpett:

I'll be picking up my GF3-R under folder next Mon or Tue and I was wondering about the cleaning rod. I planned on ordering some Romanian mags in the meantime and now you just saved me from having to order a cleaning rod separately in the future. Does it come with a sling?
View Quote

No sling, no cleaning rod, no bayonet, no cleaning kit  

Comes with 20rnd Magpul, PSAK-47 Manual, and a PSA sticker!
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:23:14 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks. Now I have to find out what the correct sling & bayonet would be for a Romanian AK.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Thanks. Now I have to find out what the correct sling & bayonet would be for a Romanian AK.
View Quote

Here's some Bayo's, mags, and other things from Apex Parts.

Romanian

Here's slings.

Romanian leather AK sling
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

Romanian

Here's slings.

View Quote

Thanks,
I just ordered what i could from APEX.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Romanian

Here's slings.

View Quote

You seem to be very good at finding stuff.  Maybe you can help me.

I need the leather frog to hold the bayonet, I have the bayonet and sheath. TIA
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]

You seem to be very good at finding stuff.  Maybe you can help me.

I need the leather frog to hold the bayonet, I have the bayonet and sheath. TIA
View Quote

ROMANIAN BAYONET LEATHER FROG.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:07:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoorKicker] [#16]

View Quote

I have faith in you! but linkie no workie

ETA:  thanks never mind, I figured it out
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrpett] [#17]

View All Quotes

It appears to be an ebay link. If you search for "romanian leather bayonet frog" about a dozen listings show up.

Edit: It looks like you already figured it out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, eBay.

This thread motivated me to order a Romy underfolder this morning from PSA.  I prefer the classic AK’s over the moderns (own both), and this should be a nice addition.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Picked up my gf3R today with fixed stock. All the parts match including furniture and besides mag wobble I'm pretty happy with it.

Ordered a cleaning rod and a couple Romanian mags from Atlantic and I'll have to get a nylon or non leather Romanian sling and cleaning kit to round it out soon.

It looks pretty solid on so far and kinda of like the dong more than I should
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:
Picked up my gf3R today with fixed stock. All the parts match including furniture and besides mag wobble I'm pretty happy with it.

Ordered a cleaning rod and a couple Romanian mags from Atlantic and I'll have to get a nylon or non leather Romanian sling and cleaning kit to round it out soon.

It looks pretty solid on so far and kinda of like the dong more than I should
View Quote

Yep.  

Picked up my GF3R Blem on Thursday.  1988 Trunnion.  Extremely pleased.

Link Posted: 1/22/2022 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Yep.  

Picked up my GF3R Blem on Thursday.  1988 Trunnion.  Extremely pleased.

https://i.imgur.com/ba6lOV7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/10O3U5d.jpg
View Quote

I got a 1972 date

Need a bayonet now looking at that one
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#23]
Just got my under folder picked-up from my FFL.  1977 Trunnion with matching front handguard, sight, gas tube, bolt, carrier, dust cover.  Pretty solid lock-up with the folder.  

For some reason, it came with a cheese grader on my gas tube (not what I ordered) & a broken top handguard wood in my manuel/lock bag?  Luckily I had an extra top handguard to use.  It also had a slant brake, but I swapped on a muzzle nut.  I had already ordered a cleaning rod from Midway & a sling from AK options.  This one, like my other pictured above, I don't believe are coming with Romy safety levers?  I had an extra I color matched to add to this under folder.

Overall I'm happy, but this one was more of a project than my last.  But as I love to tinker & have extra parts, so it was a fun project.  It will get shot on Monday, along with my PSA 105 I also picked-up.

And I saw a Romy RPK in stock yesterday for the first time.  I think it was gone in about 30 minutes, but It was the first one I've seen in stock.  I'd love to get one, but the $1500 price tag scares me away.

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I picked up my blem G3F-R fixed stock last week that I ordered from PSA. It’s a 1978 trunion. All matching numbers, including the gas tube and recoil spring assembly. No visible flaws in the paint or rivets. The wood furniture is is excellent condition. The only cosmetic flaw I see is there is a small gap between the butt stock and rear receiver where the butt stock mounts, easily fixable. I am very satisfied , especially considering a blems are $100 cheaper. Now I am waiting for their AK spiker to be released.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I don’t know who needs to here this but- as a reminder, PSA owns DPMS and the DPMS rifles are made by PSA and cost $800
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jbl:
I picked up my blem G3F-R fixed stock last week that I ordered from PSA. It’s a 1978 trunion. All matching numbers, including the gas tube and recoil spring assembly. No visible flaws in the paint or rivets. The wood furniture is is excellent condition. The only cosmetic flaw I see is there is a small gap between the butt stock and rear receiver where the butt stock mounts, easily fixable. I am very satisfied , especially considering a blems are $100 cheaper. Now I am waiting for their AK spiker to be released.
View All Quotes

The gap is actually suppose to be there.  Per my research:

it was a design feature with that little gap to keep the metal of the receiver from tearing up the polymer or wood of the buttstock.

That's why it seems to be on all of these.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:03:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jbl] [#27]
Thanks Dump1567, I did not know that. If that’s the case, I don’t see any cosmetic blemishes with my rifle. I have not had a chance to fire it yet or sight it in. The front sight base or gas block don’t seem to be visually canted. I guess I got lucky and/or PSA has really high standards.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:06:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#28]
Thanks Dump1567, I did not know that. If that’s the case, I don’t see any cosmetic blemishes with my rifle. I have not had a chance to fire it yet or sight it in. The front sight base or gas block don’t seem to be visually canted. I guess I got lucky and/or PSA has really high standards.
View Quote

I don't think I've heard of PSA having any canted sight issues.  I've got 6 of their rifles now, and no cants.  The issues I've seen with them (not counting the early AK74 issues) is loose safety selectors (which some prefer), loose gas tube lock, and excessive trunnion lug wear on the right trunnion.  They've gone to using a Tool Craft trunnions & bolts, so that may have taken care of that issue.  And with these Combloc builds, they're using the original Romy trunnion and bolts.  So it's a non-issue.

They've gone through growing pains with their AK series like every other manufactures, but they're turning out a pretty solid rifle these days.  And offer a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm picking up a GF-5 fixed/dong tomorrow. I found one new on GB $100 less than from PSA.  He had two in stock and was nice to send pictures of both for me to choose. I picked the one with a 1966 trunnion. Furniture looks nice and has the cleaning rod. Looking forward to getting it.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top