Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2020 11:45:05 PM EDT
New PSA AK-V. Looks great with the Mk18. Besides a RDS, the only other thing I'm looking to add at the moment is a a flashlight mount that will put an Inforce WML up and out of the way of the already limited space on an AK handguard. I've seen the Magpul MLOK offset mounts, anyone know of any others? Also, does anyone know what needs to be done to the ALG trigger to work in the AK-V? I am not holding my breath on the already modded ones by PSA. They haven't been in stock in forever..

Link Posted: 3/29/2020 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I put in for notification of the psa modded alg and got one within a week.
This was about a month or two ago.
It's a really nice trigger for $65.

MOE k grip, alg trigger, MRO on utg low mount, Griffin 9mm 3 prong taper mount fh, and a bunch of mags with og magpuls in odg.

Sadly I haven't taken it out yet because I work too many hrs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw a video about that gun and fell in love...wanted a PSA MP5 clone. Not any longer. AKV with the folding triangle brace. Going to see if I can find an AKSU looking muzzle device for it too.
View Quote

I love mine, do itttttttt
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As soon as they are back in stock.

Already ordered 6 mags....now I HAVE to do it!
View Quote

Just keep checking the website throughout the day. You'll find one in stock, they're always adding. Don't rely on the email notifications. I set one up for almost every model and have yet to receive one yet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just keep checking the website throughout the day. You'll find one in stock, they're always adding. Don't rely on the email notifications. I set one up for almost every model and have yet to receive one yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As soon as they are back in stock.

Already ordered 6 mags....now I HAVE to do it!

I recently got one by checking the website about every 2 hours during the day. I did notice the units that came into stock were sold out usually in less than 20 minutes. So be ready.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I saw a video about that gun and fell in love...wanted a PSA MP5 clone. Not any longer. AKV with the folding triangle brace. Going to see if I can find an AKSU looking muzzle device for it too.
View Quote

Get both. I have both and love them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Snagged one today!

As suggested I kept checking, finally had some in stock..so thanks for that advice!
View Quote

Pics or bs!

??
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It'll come quicker than the websites message may have you believe. Me and a coworker both had them in hand in less than a week.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice!

I did the paperwork at my FFL today. we have a 7 day wait and the governor has given them up to 30 days to approve. So I wait a week regardless.

I have a bunch of mags on the way, too. Gotta figure out what sort of dot I'm putting on it........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It'll come quicker than the websites message may have you believe. Me and a coworker both had them in hand in less than a week.
Nice!

I did the paperwork at my FFL today. we have a 7 day wait and the governor has given them up to 30 days to approve. So I wait a week regardless.

I have a bunch of mags on the way, too. Gotta figure out what sort of dot I'm putting on it........

What the heck kinda communist state do you live in???

Is that just because of all this covid-19 stuff going on or is that how it always is when purchasing a gun?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Snagged one today!

@luv_the_huskers suggested I kept checking, finally had some in stock..so thanks for that advice!
View Quote

You are welcome.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine took 6 business days to ship and then 5 in transit.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered mine 3/20 and it arrived at my FFL by 3/27
Can't complain about that at all, especially considering all that's going on at the moment.

On another note I changed out the grip to a K2 to reduce that grip angle a bit, and added a Magpul cantilever mount to be able to install an Inforce WML. Green MRO will be here next week and I'll be good to go for a bit. Once PSA starts stocking the ALG modified trigger again I'll grab one of those, and eventually I'd like to add a receiver end plate that has a QD sling mount. Other than that, no other plans.

This gun may become my next go-to HD choice after breaking it in. 35 rds of Federal 124 gr HST's with another mag to back that up should solve any problems I might encounter.

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:07:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Does your MRO co-witness the irons? Is it absolute or lower 1/3?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's more like lower 1/8th, but it does co-witness.
Romeo 5 is a bit better co-witness but I like the wider lens of the mro.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Has an mvg now also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has an mvg now also.

That's great, even more so out of the sight picture. I see you have a Bobro mount for it, do you know if that sights at the same height as the Trijicon non-QD low mount? While Trijicon is known to make reliable products, it's always good to have back up irons, I feel.

I originally bought a Vortex Crossfire for it but then decided the MRO would be worth the extra money for it, especially if I going to use it for HD.

I didn't realize that the AK-V was long enough for a MVG?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#24]
The trijicon low mount is the same as bobro, it now sits on a utg low mount.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#25]
You might want to double check that, man. Just to be safe. I just measured mine and it's more like 18", far short of the 26" needed to legally install a VFG.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Where are you measuring from?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Tip of bare muzzle to end of receiver. I'm pretty sure you can't count the buffer tube because it's not "essential to the function of the firearm".
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tip of bare muzzle to end of receiver. I'm pretty sure you can't count the buffer tube because it's not "essential to the function of the firearm".
View Quote

I'm pretty sure it's part of the firearm and measured from the open position.

I'll have to look into it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I found this video that gives some layman's definition to how the ATF will measure a pistol. If you fast-forward to the 3-minute mark he talks about AK's, you miiight want to take that vertical grip off the AK v and delete that picture. I know that he's not a lawyer but better safe than sorry.

https://youtu.be/Epcfx5WdVtc
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Good looking out!

Took it off. No need to tempt fate.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:48:18 AM EDT
[#31]
No doubt man!
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Got the email today- it's shipped today.

Got my mag pouches today, magazines from PSA should be here Thursday. Cheap-o micro reflex on the way....

I'm pretty damned psyched.

Now I want to find an AKSU muzzle device that will fit.......
View Quote

Awesome man! What type of mag pouch did you go with? I've been looking around myself. I want to find a six mag molle setup.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Awesome man! What type of mag pouch did you go with? I've been looking around myself. I want to find a six mag molle setup.
View Quote

@TimJ

2nd on the pouches. I am also look for a six mag molle setup.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#36]
I just used a flat rail section and mounted my Inforce WML on the left side.  

Nice MK18 OP. I have similar parts on mine.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#37]
I went with a Condor MA71-001 pouch. It holds four AK-v mags plus two high cap pistol mags . Was avail from ExtremeTactical for apx $19.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just used a flat rail section and mounted my Inforce WML on the left side.  
https://i.ibb.co/RgPXJgp/5-D642658-D674-4854-BC89-1-F28-C6-FE57-D0.jpg
Nice MK18 OP. I have similar parts on mine.
https://i.ibb.co/9rgsZKD/C651-F554-FFEC-441-D-959-C-F081-E1397-D18.jpg
View Quote

You've got some fine taste in weaponry man!!

That looks like the Romeo MSR you have on there? Does it co-witness the irons and do you have any more pics of it?

I got an MRO coming for mine but after seeing some pics I am thinking it may be too big for it? I also have an 3.25 moa RMR on the way at the same time, but conversely that may be too small. Or, I could put a gen 1 Vortex Crossfire on it. That MSR looks really nice, and I see PSA has them on sale right now for $100 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:47:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I went with a Condor MA71-001 pouch. It holds four AK-v mags plus two high cap pistol mags . Was avail from ExtremeTactical for apx $19.

View Quote

So it's an AK pouch and you just utilize the flaps to keep them contained? Seems like a good enough solution to me, especially at that price. Everything specific to Scorpion pouches are a tad pricey, and to echo another poster, I'm not invading poland so those prices put those mag pouches out of my preference. Do you have any pics of the mags in the Condor pouch?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes it’s a Romeo MSR.   I originally had a Romeo 5 on it which is my favorite RDS.  Actually like them more than my Eotechs, RMR’s and MRO’s.   The majority of my PDW’s have Romeo 5’s.  Anyway, when I bought my Sig Copperhead there was a promotion for a free extra mag and MSR.  So the AKV got the MSR and the Copperhead got the Romeo 5.  The MSR impressed me enough with it’s crystal clear 2moa dot that I got another for one of my MPX’s.  Yes, you can use the irons on the AKV with the MSR.

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Man I really like how that MSR looks on the AK-V. I have a Romeo 5 on my SLR and had a Romeo 5 XDR on my Mk18 before putting an MRO on it. The Sig's are very nice and I would be hard pressed to pay the money their Aimpoint counterparts demand when I am not a professional. You definitely got me thinking now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I really like how the MSR looks too.  Wish it had the shake awake feature though. It really is hard to justify the price of Aimpoint’s and Trijicon’s when you can buy Sig and Holosun RDS’s for a fraction of the price.  Actually sold one of my RMR’s to fund a couple Holosun 507’s.   With my aging eyes I want a dot on everything.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Forgot to add that the MSR doesn’t come with a low mount.  The low mount that comes with Romeo 5’s bolts right on.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#44]
This is how I mounted my light:

http://imgur.com/a/5ZYRHHB

IWC SMCXL  mount n slot to mount it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This is how I mounted my light:

http://imgur.com/a/5ZYRHHB

IWC SMCXL  mount n slot to mount it.
View Quote

Nice! I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever switch back to a 1" tube light

Is that a Holosun 507? How does it co-witness with the sights? I wonder if they have the same sight height as the RMR?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Im pretty sure they have adapters to mount your light as well.  The sight seems to co witness,  still needs some adjustment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#47]
So I flip flopped on the MRO. Thought that the RMR looks to be a better fit on the smaller AK-V. It doesn't co-witness like I prefer my red dots to do, but I have an American Defense QD mount coming for it so if it craps out for whatever reason I can quickly remove it and go with the irons.

Still waiting on the modified ALG to get back in stock though...

EDIT*
The American Defense Mfg QD mount sits the RMR about .2" higher than the Trijicon non-QD mount, which doesn't seem to affect cheek weld.

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Got the email today- it's shipped today.

Got my mag pouches today, magazines from PSA should be here Thursday. Cheap-o micro reflex on the way....

I'm pretty damned psyched.

Now I want to find an AKSU muzzle device that will fit.......
View Quote

PSA just released this imitation Bulgarion Krink flash can if this is something you're interested in. Just ordered one and a 15 Rd mag extension myself

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-custom-ak-v-faux-bulgarian-4-piece-9mm-flash-can-1-2x28.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

thanks! I'll take a look....

Says shipped but no movement via the tracking number. I reckon it's waiting for the UPS trailer to fill up....
View Quote

Mine sat like that also for like 3 or 4 days and then all the sudden tracking said it was coming the next day
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top