Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/23/2023 12:04:36 PM EDT
I've decided not to wait for PSA to do their Krink.  I haven't handled, or seen in person, the AK-P, but I'd like a smoother folder attachment without using the pic mount.  Can it be easily removed?  I don't want to grind it off and then have to drill holes to mount something like a stormwerk.
Any good pictures would be appreciated.

BTW, I plan on Eform 1 to SBR.  I don't care about a NFA or brace issues.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post which one you're looking at.  It matters if yours has the 4.5mm rear hinge or its the puzzle piece rear end with the picatinny rail over it.
In either of those cases, yes, there are options.  Its just hard to say which one without knowing what gun you're looking at.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 8:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Screwball] [#2]
There are two screws inside… remove those and yank out the block. Might need to add a little heat, for Loctite. I have the assembly I pulled when my approval came back, if you need a visual.

If you use a traditional stock setup, get this…

PSA “Puzzle Piece”

I installed the Magpul folding stock, and it is a nice setup on my AK-P. I used the QD mounts on the PSA folder, and put them on the stock. Still have to swap out the recoil pad, but very happy with how it handles.

Now, if you are asking to make the receiver a side folder… that is going to be more involved. But PSA did a few pistols with a folding brace. All depends on what you end up with.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:40:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Screwball] [#3]

The screw closest to the rail is the stock screw closest to the receiver (inside the receiver). If you notice there is a cutout behind that screw… that is the male part of the puzzle piece attached to the rear trunnion. The puzzle piece goes rearward, to make up the stock tang. Screwing in the stock locks it down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have this type ^^ Stormwerkz makes an adapter that takes the place of that whole picatinny piece.  It lets you mount different stocks and hinges that use the 2-hole pattern.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top