Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2020 12:18:49 PM EDT
Like title says, my PSA AK-P wont cycle without the booster, I put on a linear compensator and it turned into a single shot until I screwed the booster back on. Is this common or is something wrong?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Like title says, my PSA AK-P wont cycle without the booster, I put on a linear compensator and it turned into a single shot until I screwed the booster back on. Is this common or is something wrong?

Thanks in advance
View Quote
Booster is installed to allow shooting of lower powered ammo. What ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Next time I take mine up the creek shooting, I will see if it does the same.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I took the booster off my AK-P and replaced with a Manticore Arms flash hider. Shooting Wolf Polyformance 123gr FMJ in 24 degree Wisconsin weather and using Magpul and Korean 20rd mags, I had zero malfunctions.

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't want to hijack the thread or anything but how are you guys liking the AK-P?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't want to hijack the thread or anything but how are you guys liking the AK-P?
View Quote
Love mine -- soft recoil and an absolute blast to shoot. The railed top cover is genius, although I have marked and will be watching the screw that holds the top cover to the hinge...
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry I didnt receive notifications on this thread, thanks for all the input!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Cant remember what ammo it was specifically I just bought a bunch to see if it was reliable, it was with the booster. Ill check when I get home, I guess that may be the only problem haha.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I took the booster off my AK-P and replaced with a Manticore Arms flash hider. Shooting Wolf Polyformance 123gr FMJ in 24 degree Wisconsin weather and using Magpul and Korean 20rd mags, I had zero malfunctions.

https://personal.visualitymedia.com/personal/ak/ak-p_concrete.png
View Quote
That’s a really sexy machine!
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s a really sexy machine!
View Quote
I agree!

I have an AKOU enhanced safety and a bunch of bolt-hold-open mag followers coming in today.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe this is was I bought as it was the only thing in stock right at that moment.

"Federal Fusion Ammunition 7.62x39mm 123 Grain Bonded Spitzer Boat Tail"
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks! I am going to shoot it tomorrow with some different types of ammo without the booster. I will be in touch if I am still having problems.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quick questions, and this may sound dumb but what effects round pressure? Does Federal 122gr ammo have the same pressure as say Tula 122gr?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quick questions, and this may sound dumb but what effects round pressure? Does Federal 122gr ammo have the same pressure as say Tula 122gr?
View Quote
Powder type, powder charge, bullet type, and probably a bunch of other stuff affect pressure. Also, the pressure curve (how quickly pressure drops off as the bullet travels down the barrel) is just as important as chamber pressure.

Most types of ammo will have widely varying chamber pressures and pressure curves. I personally don't know if Federal loads their 7.62x39 stuff for slower MV=better accuracy or whatever, but it's possible.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay, thank you for the information. I will just try out some varying brands and grains of surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Took my AK-P out Monday, fired it with, and without the booster on it. The only difference was the size of the fireball. Ran like a rocket either way. Wolf 123 GR.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I love mine!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I love mine too, shoots super soft. I am going to assume it was under powered ammo, I will be able to test it this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I love mine too, shoots super soft. I am going to assume it was under powered ammo, I will be able to test it this weekend.
View Quote
I may go run my again this weekend and see what results I get. The pic was me shooting Golden Tiger and only some of the rounds would make a fireball, some were noticeably lighter than others.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Still having problems, but Palmetto was very responsive and is helping me!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know when more PSA AK pistols will be available? I keep checking the site but everything is out of stock. I'm not too pick about which pistol I'd buy, but I do want it to have an AR style tube for an SBA brace, or be able to easily install one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when more PSA AK pistols will be available? I keep checking the site but everything is out of stock. I'm not too pick about which pistol I'd buy, but I do want it to have an AR style tube for an SBA brace, or be able to easily install one.
View Quote

I bought the one with the triangle brace, MLOK handguard, and ALG trigger today. They had multiple variations in stock throughout the day. I’ve never had good luck with the email notifications for a back in stock alert, so if I’m hunting for something specific...I just check it every so often during times of high demand.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had one in my cart a week or so back, maybe the week before last.  

It had grey furniture and I wanted black and by the time I decided to bite it and buy...it was gone.

So I bought a rifle instead.  Been wanting to try the Magpul furniture.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top