Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/17/2022 2:08:16 PM EDT
I have a couple of krinks and a 74 I want to trick out with optics and the entire gamut. Part of me wants to stay true to the roots of the rifle and use Russian optics like the PK-A or POSP for the 74. Am I doing myself a disservice to myself by wanting to stay original and not use some of the more ergonomic, updated, longer battery life, lightweight, probably even lifetime warrantied optic solutions we have in todays market?  

Looking for experience with both and maybe some takeaways that might help sway my decision. I'm currently leaning towards original and Russian red dots and scopes for the AK's unless there are many compelling arguments against them
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The ones I had were big clunky and the optics had a  slight tint. I eventually sold them all. They weren’t bad when prices were low.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I eventually ended up going with a PK-01v optic. I was lucky to find them under $300 and all the reviews were raving about how it was almost the same quality of an Aimpoint red dot. I'll prob wait until I get it to share my first impressions on it
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top