Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2016 3:09:40 PM EDT
I have a Century Tantal with the 5.56 barrel. I got a new barrel and also a Spuds NDS-2T receiver. Trying to decide if I should just have the barrel installed or use what I got as a parts kit and using the NDS-2T receiver have a new rifle built? In effect use the current Tantal as a parts kit. If I remember correctly I pay $450 out the door for the rifle.

Options??
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're replacing the barrel because you shot out the old one then I would recommend just replacing the barrel as the internals should have proven to work together as they currently are.

If you haven't really touched the Tantal aside from a few trips to the range I would recommend using the Tantal as a parts kit (assuming you can't find another decent parts kit around).

Can't say I've broken down any of my AKs for parts, but have had one re-barreled after the first one saw quite a bit of use. Which reminds me, I need to go hunting for a few more replacement barrels to get them while they're cheap!

ATW!
-Fox
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top