BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2023 8:09:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Railed dust cover would be slightly lower, however I installed one and was not a big fan.

The ultimak with the low HS mount should co-witness, this setup works exceptionally well but puts the RD slightly fwd.

MI gen2 has a excellent sidemount RD mount that bolts  directly to the mount eliminating the picatinny portion . Obviously get the correct footprint.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:25:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The type that I installed required that you remove the cam lever that holds the gas tube in ( making this mod semipermanent) this would be replaced with a pin, creating a hinge.  As the  cover clicks into place on the back of the recoil spring retainer, there is quite a bit of wobble.  To mitigate wobble  there are tiny set screws that you could tighten against the original dust cover Etc.
I was worried under hard use that the optic might flop forward on the hinge, or would not hold zero.  I’m not speaking for anyone else ….not sure if  AKOU has done a review on this type of cover but he typically is the SME on this type of thing and it seems like he typically recommends side rail.
JF the other AK guru. Uses the ultimak quite a bit.

One thing you may like.   I thought was pretty slick (and super low) was using the RS regulate base unit than adding two of the red dot mounts used as 30 mm rings then added a LPVO as far as height it was about perfect. And as far as a relief it was a little tight, but usable .

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What Holosun is it? If it's a micro I don't see how a T1 can be too high. Unless:
-You are using a wire folder.
-You are using an AK Mount on a Cugir M10/RH10 (These sit higher for some reason)

Got some pics? A TWS should sit a little bit lower. But the above mentioned optics are AR height.

What is the optic?
Are you using a Holosun 510C/512C? It uses a lower 1/3 IIRC.

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 12:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I kinda figured that was the case. The AEMs sits pretty high with even the low mount. If you went with a micro T1 or even a PA 1x prism, you would get much lower height.

For example

The 515GM has a circle dot and doesn't sit too high. I understand the appeal of the AEMs though

It's going to have a weird height on AKs/FAL/Shotguns/Etc.

Now if RS Regulate makes an AEMs specific mount. You will get a more reasonable height.

Link Posted: 2/14/2023 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the AEMS. Would like to see Attero make a mount specifically for it. There’s an AEMS to T1 adapter plate out there but it’s pricey. The Attero mount + adapter plate would likely sit lower than your current set up, and I my go that route.

On an aside, how do you like the DAG-13? Bout have to mine installed and also have the SLR Ion and their railed gas tube. The gas tube they sent me has a shroud that would extend over the gas block approximately 1/8”. Wondering if it will interfere with the DAG-13.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top