Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2020 2:24:17 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Have the opportunity to pick up a SLR-107R for 2k. It comes with a trijicon dual illumination RMR mounted on a rear sight mount, rifle dynamics adjustable gas black, magpul zhukov handguard and a surefire warcomp.

Given the times, seem like something I should jump on?
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good deal in today's market. I see auctions going for around $1500, just a for stock SLR107r.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DooMsDaYRangeR] [#2]
Originally Posted By NeedsMoreMausers:
Hey guys,

Have the opportunity to pick up a SLR-107R for 2k. It comes with a trijicon dual illumination RMR mounted on a rear sight mount, rifle dynamics adjustable gas black, magpul zhukov handguard and a surefire warcomp.

Given the times, seem like something I should jump on?
View Quote

I would avoid it like the plague. I bought one thinking it would be a quality made rifle. I was wrong on so many levels. The only magazine that fits is the one that came with it. None of my other mags will work in it, including Magpul. It really damages the magazine. It won’t lock at all. The rivets were done half assed. I seriously doubt this rifle will even shoot straight. There is a video on YouTube where the bullet starts to tumble not four feet from the muzzle.

I’m afraid to ship it back to the company only to find out that it was stolen during shipping. I’m also worried about them half assing the repair like I had Colt do to me one time. I basically have a 1,200 dollar paperweight.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
could you post a picture of the "the rivets that were done half assed"
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I would really like to see the video of the key holing bullet.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mah827:
I would really like to see the video of the key holing bullet.
View Quote

Same here. I only hear solid things about Arsenal (accept maybe overpriced) so....an actual video of this would be interesting.

That, or you Unfortunately got an awkward lemon and just are bitter about it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NeedsMoreMausers:

Same here. I only hear solid things about Arsenal (accept maybe overpriced) so....an actual video of this would be interesting.

That, or you Unfortunately got an awkward lemon and just are bitter about it.
View Quote

I’ve owned a bunch of Arsenal rifles. Milled receiver rifles were all really solid, stamped receiver were 50/50 hit or miss. Paint finish on all of them is abysmal. I no longer own any AKs, but ordered a PSA AK103 yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#7]
My guess is about $450. I have 2 under folder kits and I paid about $250 each when I purchased them several years ago.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:56:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Piepuncher] [#8]
My slr is a great rifle. All my mags fit well and the action is extremely smooth. The finish (paint) is not as nice as my zastava zpap but the Arsenal is top notch.
It is also one of the most accurate AK's i have owned to date.
I've owned quite a few Arsenal AK's, none have been garbage
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I like my forged Arsenal. Sights are straight, trigger good for an AK, eats whatever i feed it. Black finish is no bueno...
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top