BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have over a case of Browning 9mm through this one now.
StormWerkz parts on the Chiappa.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
bad ass! whats it like with silencer on it????

as far as someone asked about the cz75 mags, dunno if that was a mistake or if the earlier ones had different catch, but the one i have circa late 2017 came with berretta mag catch.... i plan to mod some cz75 mags to have same catch area, and then they will lock in.... not super ideal, as they wanna catch on the higher cz75 cutout before teh beretta lower mag catch cutout....i have fired it with cz75 mags feeding it just not locked in.... will post sometime
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bad ass! whats it like with silencer on it????

as far as someone asked about the cz75 mags, dunno if that was a mistake or if the earlier ones had different catch, but the one i have circa late 2017 came with berretta mag catch.... i plan to mod some cz75 mags to have same catch area, and then they will lock in.... not super ideal, as they wanna catch on the higher cz75 cutout before teh beretta lower mag catch cutout....i have fired it with cz75 mags feeding it just not locked in.... will post sometime
View Quote
Waiting on a SilencerCo Hybrid, will let you know how it works when it gets here.

-Josh
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
$449 @ grab a gun.

Wish to see some more activity on this little gun. I think it has alot of potential.

I personally would like to see a Colt SMG mag adapter and some better forearms made for it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a PAK 9 and added an SB brace with a Tromix adaptor.

This is a nice pistol, no malfunctions on first range trip, grouped well with el cheapo 115 gr. Blazer & Perfecta. Nice trigger too, almost as good as a RAK-1.
I’m running Beretta mags, good snug fit and holding the mag doesn’t cause misfeeds.

The stock grip looks awkward to me but actually feels pretty good, but I already had a US Palm grip in the parts bin. So I’m running that.

I know this weighs the same as my Draco AK pistol but it feels lighter, recoil is pretty mild. Threw a cheap red dot on it, curious to see how the railed cover holds zero.

I did pull the plastic pic rails off the side of the ‘gas block’. I hope someone makes an aftermarket rail that fits on top, I’d prefer to mount a red dot there.

The Stormwerkz hand guard looks good, but I put on a Stark angled grip and replaced the factory hand stop with an IWC hand stop.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics man!
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pics man!
View Quote
here here...

i thinkin a guy could use a 80" ar F up to cut off and run buffer tube portion on the back of these for a cheap adapter solution
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]
We are going to have a rail that fits on top of the 'gas block' in about a month or so, have to catch up on some other parts first.

Quoted:
I just picked up a PAK 9 and added an SB brace with a Tromix adaptor.

This is a nice pistol, no malfunctions on first range trip, grouped well with el cheapo 115 gr. Blazer & Perfecta. Nice trigger too, almost as good as a RAK-1.
I’m running Beretta mags, good snug fit and holding the mag doesn’t cause misfeeds.

The stock grip looks awkward to me but actually feels pretty good, but I already had a US Palm grip in the parts bin. So I’m running that.

I know this weighs the same as my Draco AK pistol but it feels lighter, recoil is pretty mild. Threw a cheap red dot on it, curious to see how the railed cover holds zero.

I did pull the plastic pic rails off the side of the ‘gas block’. I hope someone makes an aftermarket rail that fits on top, I’d prefer to mount a red dot there.

The Stormwerkz hand guard looks good, but I put on a Stark angled grip and replaced the factory hand stop with an IWC hand stop.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]
so what kinda mag is a double stack to single feed column but has a curve to it, thats really what makes this thing look fugyly, its the dang sill current AR trend glock mag atrocity...grip and mag shouldnt have the same angle, feeel me???
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#10]
yea, I feel ya, I run colt smg mags in my 9mm AR pistol and if anyone had a PAK 9 adaptor for those I'd buy one. But they're double stack feed mags.

But the whole point of this pistol is to use mags you probably already have lying around. Would be nice if it had an optional 'angled grip' that surrounded the mag, or an extension to the mag adaptor, something to grab on to without shifting the mag.

FWIW I also have an ATI GSG MP-40 9mm and the mags are 30 round double to single feed mags, all steel bodies with an overinsertion collar.  It'd be a much cooler looking mag and at $30-$40 a pop the same as 30 round Beretta 92 type mags.

Kinda surprised I haven't seen any pics of a PAK 9 with a 50 round Glock drum yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Getting ready to thread the barrel

https://i.imgur.com/duQmaHX.jpg?1
View Quote
Urban Ops,
What was the press fit like (barrel to trunnion)?  Going to do the same thing just wondering what I'm in for.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Done a couple of them now and after removing the pins the barrel knocked out with a brass rod and mallet. Nice and easy but not sloppy at all
-Josh

Quoted:

Urban Ops,
What was the press fit like (barrel to trunnion)?  Going to do the same thing just wondering what I'm in for.

Thanks
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Good to know, thanks for the feedback.

Quoted:
Done a couple of them now and after removing the pins the barrel knocked out with a brass rod and mallet. Nice and easy but not sloppy at all
-Josh

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
-Josh

Quoted:

Urban Ops,

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
-Josh

Quoted:

Urban Ops,

Thanks
DONE!  Easy enough.  I had to use the press to get the barrel moving but after that it pushed out pretty easy.

Barrel is going to ADCO for threading.

Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Draco 9mm over the chiappa!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Draco 9mm over the chiappa!!!!
View Quote
They're made in the same factory....just depends on how you want it set up
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Do both use the same magwell conversion? GLOCK conversion?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#18]
From what I can tell the magwell itself is the same
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Shot mine today, didn't seem to like the 30 round beretta magazine I brought, but worked fine with the 20 and 17's. Fun little gun, glad I bought it. Now to brace it and thread it and see how much money a $450 gun can cost. Geez did ammo fly through it quickly. More time loading than shooting.

Only thing I can add to the info is that since I have a lot of Beretta magazines, I didn't get the Glock adapter, so lack G26 size mags...

So I chopped one of the stupid 10 rounders up. I can fit 7 in it, but then it won't fit the gun. 6 worked fine. I could take it apart and trim spring or something, but meh, it's a novelty so that's fine.

Oh, one thing, I was going to take the little side rails off, the first came off but the others seemed to strip. I was using some random torx thing since I don't have a bunch of torx, so does anyone know what the proper size is before I try again?

Also, did anyone shoot suppressed yet?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Curious if anyone has any experience with the Chiappa AR Adapter offering. They are currently showing as out of stock but when I called they had inventory. Price point was $20.

https://www.chiappafirearms.com/d-accessori.php?id=230
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks thick like the Stormwerkz one, I'm not sure if I'll go that way or Tromix or... I dunno. Need something for a brace.

Got the stormwerkz mag well adapter adapter, nicely made and fits TIGHT. Didn't get his fore-end, I think I just want something that takes up the little gap of barrel between block and frame. Just something to mount a handstop to.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Gotta figure out a more permanent solution for the front of the handguard, but like it so far.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#23]
That looks good! how did you thread the barrel for the birdcage?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That looks good! how did you thread the barrel for the birdcage?
View Quote
I just used a cheap 1/2X28 die thread thingee, it's not as straight as it would be had an actual smith done it, but I don't have any plans to put a silencer on this one so it works fine for a little brake or whatnot.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks, I think I'll try that.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#26]
im threading mine in the next couple of days, then if they turn out ok i gonna run silencer and video it... stand by!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I have had one for a few months.

About 350 rounds through it with a little 1x prism scope.

I have a WC AR9 coming so I have converted my CX4 to PX4 magazines and ordered the Glock magwell for it.

It’s an AK.
It has the ergonomics, sights, etc. that go with that.

What is a good alignment tool/ 1/2 x 28 barrel threading die kit for this?

I have tried other’s PSA AR9s and Ruger carbines for Glock mag PCCs.
I have had a sub 2K for about a decade and now this.

In the absence of a True Glock carbine, what we really need is a an Evo or MCX that takes Glock magazines.  And curved 35-40 round flock mags.

Edit-
I am not a huge fan of mag adapters.  I do have a few guns with them.  Including another AK pistol in 5.56  that takes AR mags.

I am wait8ng on Bonesteel or PSA to finally come out with their Galil/AK type folding braces.  I hate AR buffer tube tube stocks and braces on AKs.

Hell, even if someone bought a ton of VZ58 folding stocks on the cheap and turned the end into a brace I would be cool with that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 2:20:50 AM EDT
[#29]
You mount a rail to it and use the SIG brace?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 2:37:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You mount a rail to it and use the SIG brace?
View Quote
StormWerkz picatinny brace adapter and SB Tactical fs1913 brace
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#31]
That looks amazing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

StormWerkz picatinny brace adapter and SB Tactical fs1913 brace
View Quote
Do you know if it is narrow enough to be used with the MPX collapsing socks with the rods? Probably not worth SBRing one, but I do enjoy the gun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do you know if it is narrow enough to be used with the MPX collapsing socks with the rods? Probably not worth SBRing one, but I do enjoy the gun.
View Quote
The MPX rods are too narrow to pass an AK receiver
I think the SB Tactical  CZPDW brace would probably be the only one wide enough to fit
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The MPX rods are too narrow to pass an AK receiver
I think the SB Tactical  CZPDW brace would probably be the only one wide enough to fit
View Quote
Thanks, I figured but didn't have access to one to try.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#35]
My son has one.

Stupid
Heavy
Useless
Why would you buy this thing?

Then you shoot it and grin like a 12 year old girl front row at a One Direction concert.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#36]
have we thought about converting these to double column feed for aesthetics?  either mp5 or the skorpion, or the kr-9 mags?

and by thought, anyone actually done it?  @tonyrumore
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#37]
If I were gonna do that, I'd make an adaptor for PPSH mags. Single feed already. Not hard to find for $25.
Assuming that PPSH mags would run 9mm as reliably as my PPS43 7.62x25 mags run 9mm in my PPS43c.
BTW PPS43 mags are double feed.

But I'm good with Beretta mags, plenty of cheap surplus M9 mags, reliable factory 30s and cheap aftermarkets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#38]
well, mines threaded, turned down barrel to the OD  i wanted on lathe, then ran a die on it.... didnt get any baffle failures, but they were kissed by bullets...not my finest moment...

as far as sound, still kinda loud.  shooting in my "sileage pit" so sound maybe doesnt disperse as much as usual...

i wonder if i could run heavier springs to keep bolt closed longer (with the added backpressure)  i need to form 1 a bigger bore silencer...
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#39]
The first few hundred rounds were with Beretta 92 mags.
I switched to the Glock mag well and just hit 750.

Ammo has been 115, 124, and 147 grain reloads.
Walmart Winchester wife box, federal champion, and steel USA forged.
Plus wolf and Tula.

One jam.
Firing sideways with ejection port up for 30 rounds and one piece of brass did not fully eject.

A fifty something year old guy with out his reading glasses shooting cheap steel cased ammo with a fastfire with andot looking like a bunch of grapes, ringing 100 yd steel standing repeatedly.

This is better than the rage toy I The ought it would be.

Plus unlike many PCC, it takes G26 mags, G19, etc.

It is actually better by far than a Sub2000,
Or even a Beretta CX4.

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#40]
lolz those g26 mags out bottom look so tiny!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Atlantic has the RAK9 rifle in stock. Atlantic - RAK9

Does anyone know if the trunnion size on thePAK9/RAK9 is the same size as a regular AK? Wouldn't mind swapping out the barrel for a 10.5" properly threaded to 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Atlantic has the RAK9 rifle in stock. Atlantic - RAK9

Does anyone know if the trunnion size on thePAK9/RAK9 is the same size as a regular AK? Wouldn't mind swapping out the barrel for a 10.5" properly threaded to 1/2x28.
View Quote
Huh, I thought the rifle looked goobtier as hell at first but the fact that it takes standard furniture (and I'm assuming standard just about everything) actually seems pretty cool. In their video they have it dressed up in plum and it looks slick!
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#43]
I have seen one review with CZ75 mag adapter.

Where so you get those?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#44]
They talked about CZ75 mag adaptors when the PAK9 was first teased but if any were ever imported with one I've not seen it.

I wonder if Chiappa pushed them to make Beretta 92 adaptors instead, since they already imported the M1 9mm clone that ran off 92 mags.

Which makes sense here cause surplus M9 mags plus easy to find 30 rnd mags.

I thought if these things caught on we'd see a CZ or a Sig mag adaptor but it's probably a small market and the NAK9 and PSA's offering are fighting for space in the market too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They talked about CZ75 mag adaptors when the PAK9 was first teased but if any were ever imported with one I've not seen it.

I wonder if Chiappa pushed them to make Beretta 92 adaptors instead, since they already imported the M1 9mm clone that ran off 92 mags.

Which makes sense here cause surplus M9 mags plus easy to find 30 rnd mags.

I thought if these things caught on we'd see a CZ or a Sig mag adaptor but it's probably a small market and the NAK9 and PSA's offering are fighting for space in the market too.
View Quote
Anybody skilled with a 3D printer could whip one up.

Try this guy: https://farrow.tech or even Custom Smith MFG (the guy who makes the PDW and original stock brace adapter)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top