Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2023 10:25:28 PM EDT
Is there such a thing?  I have a mag adapter for the Galil that I've had for several years now.  No markings on it, has a sliding pin to block the rifles mag release lever when installed.  Mag release is similar to the UA marked adapters also overall quality seems to be much better too.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Adapter for what?

Because I know what you are talking about, yes, there are a couple different STANAG mag adapters for the Galil. I think there was an "OEM" make in Israel for them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Adapter for what?
View Quote
AR mags.  I  commonly only have seen the UA marked adapters which were fairly easy to find at one time. I've not yet come across another adapter like the one I have.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are talking about the AR mag adapter, I hear that it can be a pain in the ass. You also need to do a lot of tooling the adapter itself and modify the feed ramp and mag well. I also hear it has a tendency to misfeed or jam.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By xsquid:
Is there such a thing?  I have a mag adapter for the Galil that I've had for several years now.  No markings on it, has a sliding pin to block the rifles mag release lever when installed.  Mag release is similar to the UA marked adapters also overall quality seems to be much better too.  Anyone know?
View Quote

Go here:  https://thehebrewhammer.net/2015/10/08/using-ar-15-mags-in-the-galil/

It is consistent with what I remember from back in the day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKR:

Go here:  https://thehebrewhammer.net/2015/10/08/using-ar-15-mags-in-the-galil/

It is consistent with what I remember from back in the day.
View Quote
Thank you! I guess I have one from Magnum Research.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
And that and the AA ones are GTG in my experience.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:10:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a UA adapter but I have yet to install it..

Rear part seems to lock just fine.. front one not so much..
Need to mod the front portion of the magwell.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top