Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2020 1:11:58 PM EDT
I have 340 rounds of this. Half yellow box and half in a red and gold box.  Is this collector ammo?  Whats it worth?  Want to move it but dont know anything about it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Could have a slight uptick in price due to its age;. 90's. The best value comes from everyone's " I remember " story about it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Most people think it has magical characteristics and will pay more for it , but it doesn't.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Norinco steel core ammo might be worth a small premium to a collector / hoarder.  Shortly after the Norinco import ban I sold all I had for $1.00/rnd, unlikely to get that today.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have enough Golden Tiger and other ammo that my leftover Norinco will be the last I shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Not enough info to give you a good answer.

Collectable? No.

If steel core, may be worth something extra to the right person.

Post pics of the ammo and headstamps for a better idea of what you have...
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
There aren't many collectors out there that collect Chinese ammo. I'm one of the few. It's worth whatever someone will give for it. Most of the boxed stuff is non corrosive but we know not to trust the Chinese. Most of the boxed stuff is also lead core unless marked steel core. Nothing special about Chinese steel core ammo, the steel is barely harder than the lead it's wrapped in. I have dozens of smashed up cores recovered from shooting steel plates and they mushroom like hunting bullets. Definitely not armor piercing like .30-06 black tip. I find a lot of it at gun shows and will give just a little more than market value on currently available ammo, never more than 40¢ per round. I'm always looking for examples I don't have in my collection but prefer boxes in excellent condition because I like to show them off as they would have arrived fresh from China.

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info.  Ill just shoot it or sell it .  I didnt want to shoot it if it was collectable.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top