Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2020 10:41:06 PM EDT
Never owned one and barely handled one before.
A friend of my brother's is selling this and asking $800 which seems way out of line.
Looks to have been rarely fired and still has a round made in china sticker affixed to it. LOL
But thought I would throw this out here hoping for some advice and an idea of a decent offer to make on it.

Pics, I have more if that is of any help, thanks for any advice or help in advance:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
$309 because of the stupid rail cover, max
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
not for $800.

Norincos SKS's are great rifle but you could build/buy a pretty great AR (or buy a nice AK) for that kind of dough
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Wrong bayonet for that stock. Just look at the pic.

I wouldn't go over $350.

Edit: Maybe less. Where the f**k is the magazine?
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Poor rifle

It’s about $350, with the proper mag and bayonet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s been bubba’d. Someone chiseled out the mag well for a junky 30 round aftermarket magazine. The picatinny rail cover on the top of the rifle is not factory.

Chinese like that is $350 tops. I traded a bottom of barrel AR15 for one a year ago in better condition that yours. Since your going to have to buy a factory magazine, get one without any serial numbers so your rifle will still match and get a factory cover on the top instead of that crappy picatinny cover. Your going to spend $80-$100 for those parts.

Your brothers friend is trying to rip people off with that price. Maybe thinking he can capitalize off the recent lockdowns but came to the party late? That high over priced stuff ended 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
IF it had the original fixed mag and wasn’t modified, $300-$350.
I bought a Norinco cheap a few years ago that had a broken Tapco mag and paid $60 for a replacement fixed mag.
If that stock has been modified, I wouldn’t offer over $200. Replacement stocks aren’t cheap anymore.
Your buddy is either a fool or a con artist if he’s asking $800 for a run of the mill Norinco.
Don’t confuse Norincos with Russian SKSs when you’re talking resale.

If you get it for a fair price, I got my unissued NOS fixed mag off eBay from a guy in Russia for $60 shipped. Took forever to get here but most rusty mags were $40 and used good condition mags were $50. TAPCO is out of business so good luck finding any more of those, and the Asian metal aftermarket ones like the John Masens are junk.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#7]
$300 tops as is.

Wrong Bayonet.
Missing original mag and stock dicked up from using aftermarket 30 round mag.
Missing original top cover.

And biggest problem is its a Chinese made for export Commercial SKS.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I would have said $400-$425 max with proper mag and bayonet.

$275-$300 as it is.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#9]
The dust cover looks like it's an aftermarket rail type in the top down picture but doesn't look like a rail in the side picture?

Or is it just the perspective?

edit:  Nevermind, the side picture doesn't show the rail.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Zero collector value in that condition, only value is whatever someone wants as a shooter.  I might give $200 for it if I needed Norinco parts for a better rifle.
I have a Soviet 1950 Tula with original Siminov firing pin spring and steel barrel, still not $800 gun.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top