Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/17/2021 12:02:03 PM EDT
There is a local Norinco 84S 5.56 for sale. Said it’s a pre ban and comes with a norinco 74 style muzzle brake. Also has one NOS 84S magazine with more available to purchase. Noticed that there is not a norinco stamp on the receiver, not sure if there is supposed to be one though. It does have the triangle 66 manufacture code.  Serial number starts with 3182xx.  Anyone know the current values.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Since the 84s uses proprietary mags the value wil be based on how many original 30rd mags come with the rifle.
It sounds like it has 2 from your post, so I'd say $1500ish

It's never been a rifle that was in high demand.

See how many mags they have total and go from there, originally the gun came with 3.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Seller is asking $2K and only comes with one magazine. He does have more magazines for it but would only purchase it if I could get a good deal on it. Seems like he wants too much so gonna pass.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
12-1500 even today, and it should come with three mags, as that is what they came from the factory with. Mine worked with most AK74 mags as long as I only loaded 25 rounds. The Norinco logo is probably stamped on the bottom, ahead of the magwell.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm.  I had one for a few years and sold in a long time again because I could not find any extra mags at the time.  It should be "pre-ban" if its marked that way as in pre-89 Bush EO.  In a ban state with grandfathering people try and get $3K plus for these so I would say $2K is actually a fair price.  If you are in a free state it is simply not for you as I think there are better options unless you are a collector.  Right now prices on everything are crazy but if I had a choice I would try to get an SLR-106FR for that money and never look back.  Mags are (or at least were last I looked) pretty available relatively speaking.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top