Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/5/2019 3:30:24 PM EDT
So I've finally admitted to myself I like AKs more than ARs (family is still dealing with it).  I bought my AK second hand and it came with 1 mag and it's the best I've ever used but I can't ID it.  I've spend some time on different forums and guides with no luck.  Maybe someone here can manage?  Tired of these POS KCI mags I'm using.  Only mark I can find is a C shape on the spine.

New to the forum so lets see if my images work correctly...
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I approved your images but I still can't see them.  I found most of the time when it comes to AK mags, if you can't identify it and it's not a flat back, it's most likely a Romi mag.  If your looking for good AK mags, I use Apex. Yugo mags are pretty hard to beat for the price. Just no Korean gray or Croation steel. Cheers and welcome to the party.

(some of us already know AK's are the best )
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much for the info!  Yeah these gray Korean mags are total junk, can't wait to get better ones.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Man wish those images were working... So I kept looking and may have an answer, based on the small gap at the top of the magazine at the front reinforcement tab I think the mag is a new production Bulgarian mag.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Very helpful, thank you.  I rehosted the images so hopefully they work for everyone now (fingers crossed)
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty sure that is a  hungarian mag. New production bulgy mag would have a plastic follower.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Polish
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I originally thought Hungarian, but according to the article they are only first european pattern ribbed mags. The pictured mag is a second pattern European ribbed.
I think that is probably a later production polish magazine. The article mentioned that the followers have an inspector stamp. Might be worth taking a look.

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=419

Here is an article about IDing AK mags.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Read through that prior to posting but thank you.  Only mark/stamp on it is the 'C' shape pictured.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top