Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/14/2020 1:38:51 AM EDT
Today I picked up one of the new chrome lined rifles! I was able to shoot it as well

Initial impressions are fantastic. Rivets flush with good dome, fit and finish is great. Muzzle is crowned surprisingly. Only discrepancy I noticed is that the wood is a little dry.

I shot the rifle with 123grn Monarch. Fired about 160 rounds, and about 10 rounds of 8m3 hollow points to check feeding, all flawless.

Sights barely needed adjusting, maybe 1/8th turn on the windage, and one revolution of the front sight.

25yrd groups were about 1/2in (I’m no Hathcock)

Trigger pull is smooth, reset is positive.

Rifles doesn’t seem over gassed at all. Shoots pretty flat running drills.

Magazine fitment is snug side to side with metal
Mags, marginal front to back play.

Overall super happy with the purchase!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got one on order and I've got Tom's 1/3 mix "Gunny Paste" ready for the wood!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Do want!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
My humble offering

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone noticed the lack of chrome lining on muzzle end? I thought they were chrome lined bore and chamber?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone noticed the lack of chrome lining on muzzle end? I thought they were chrome lined bore and chamber?
View Quote
Don't know what you mean. Mine is chromed, barrel, chamber and all.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know what you mean. Mine is chromed, barrel, chamber and all.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/62232/20200514_213339_jpg-1429008.JPG
View Quote

I can sorta see the white lining on yours. Mine looks like the OPs. No obvious "white" on the crown and the barrel is darker compared to the chamber.

OP's
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The chrome lining is only a few thousandths of an inch thick. It's not double thickness like an FN machine gun barrel, but it is there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Here’s mine. It is really an awesome rifle at a good price point in today’s market. I put 6 coats of pure Tung oil on the wood. I’m happy with the results.
Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top