Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2015 11:03:24 AM EDT
Just a quick heads up that the DSA RPDs still have issues.  Over the course of 85 rounds the gun repeatedly wouldn't fire unless the trigger was pulled multiple times (fine for a few rounds then click, click, click, bang).  

The trigger appears to be resetting, just the sear not clearing the hammer.  After a double fire during the first 20 rounds I stopped shooting after a burst fire of 4 or 5 rounds at the end.

DSA was very polite and responsive giving me an RMA to ship the gun back.

9/15 Update:

After sending the gun back 7/27/15 I finally received it back 9/11/15 (almost 7 weeks door to door).  Took it to the range this weekend and other than a few doubles it works fine.for the 50 rounds I fired.  I'll keep shooting it and see if the doubling persists since I don't want to go back into "repair limbo" for another 2 months.  Other than the trigger issues the gun function flawlessly and is very accurate.

Given this experience, along with some previous issues I had with DSA FAL triggers and sears a few years ago, I think I'm done with their products.

I got the gun from Atlantic...

10/15 Update:

Tried the gun again this last weekend.  Trigger and everything else work great but the gun went full auto four times while shooting one 50 round belt.  

Examining unfired rounds that were chamered and ejected showed the primers were heavily dented so it appwars the gun is getting a string of slam fires every 10 rounds or so.

Sent back to DSA today for the last time...

11/1 Update:  Received the gun back 10/27.  Fired 100 rounds this last weekend with no issue.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
any updates? im considering getting one from Atlantic...
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any updates? im considering getting one from Atlantic...
View Quote

Call Stan.  You wont be sorry.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
This is exactly why I made DSA buy mine back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I considered getting one but the issues i had heard about made me think twice. Decided rpk was better all around, weight, parts, and the drums out there are so easy to load. I dont think the rpd is really worth the trouble or price.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Stick with the RPK for x39, when it comes to belts go BIG or stay home 30-06 or 308 Browning 1919a4/6 !

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stick with the RPK for x39, when it comes to belts go BIG or stay home 30-06 or 308 Browning 1919a4/6 !

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/fn111557/MyToys/1919A6/WP_20140730_20_17_53_Pro.jpg
View Quote
Needs more eastern-bloc.

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just a quick heads up that the DSA RPDs still have issues.  Over the course of 85 rounds the gun repeatedly wouldn't fire unless the trigger was pulled multiple times (fine for a few rounds then click, click, click, bang).  

The trigger appears to be resetting, just the sear not clearing the hammer.  After a double fire during the first 20 rounds I stopped shooting after a burst fire of 4 or 5 rounds at the end.

DSA was very polite and responsive giving me an RMA to ship the gun back.

9/15 Update:

After sending the gun back 7/27/15 I finally received it back 9/11/15 (almost 7 weeks door to door).  Took it to the range this weekend and other than a few doubles it works fine.for the 50 rounds I fired.  I'll keep shooting it and see if the doubling persists since I don't want to go back into "repair limbo" for another 2 months.  Other than the trigger issues the gun function flawlessly and is very accurate.

Given this experience, along with some previous issues I had with DSA FAL triggers and sears a few years ago, I think I'm done with their products.

I got the gun from Atlantic...

10/15 Update:

Tried the gun again this last weekend.  Trigger and everything else work great but the gun went full auto four times while shooting one 50 round belt.  

Examining unfired rounds that were chamered and ejected showed the primers were heavily dented so it appwars the gun is getting a string of slam fires every 10 rounds or so.

Sent back to DSA today for the last time...

11/1 Update:  Received the gun back 10/27.  Fired 100 rounds this last weekend with no issue.
View Quote

Now that your issues are resolved, how do you like the gun? I am considering getting one. if it takes them a couple of times to get it running smooth I'd be okay with it.
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top